Thread: 808 1w 9mm package?

Default 808 1w 9mm package?

Hi all, a friend gave me a couple of dead dpss guts. I think they were originally casix ~200mw and they don't have any pumps.

I was hoping to resurrect these but I don't have a good source for 808.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Junktronix on eBay, usually has them. Not sure right now though, searches for 808 nm worldwide seem to get fewer results than usual. If you mean 200 mW output, I think you'll want more than 1W input, more like 4W. Try to get single mode.

You may be better with C - mount. They are a little more delicate but it will be easier to couple into the Xtal. 9mm packages dont allow you to get right up to the diode face which you can do with a C - mount and if the emitter stripe is small enough then you will get half decent output without much more than positioning. Adding optics between the diode and xtal will obviously improve output but C - Mount should get you green with as little fuss as poss.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Junktronix on eBay, usually has them. Not sure right now though, searches for 808 nm worldwide seem to get fewer results than usual. If you mean 200 mW output, I think you'll want more than 1W input, more like 4W. Try to get single mode.
    Yup, I have 5 of the SDL-2361-G1 diodes left. 1.2W, 808nm, 9mm can.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120065916286

25% off for PL members

Kevin

Thanks guys. Gives me something to think about. I have been so busy lately I haven't had any time to play.

Junk: I believe we have a mutual friend. Casey Stack... Your name came up when we were talking a while ago..

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.