Thread: Non Laser Electronics Help Needed

Default Non Laser Electronics Help Needed

Hello PLers,

I need a simple on/off switch that is controlled by a temperature change. More specifically, I need to be able to switch on (open) a solenoid valve when it reaches temps above say, -290 F, and switch off (close) below -310 F or so. If there is a ready made solution, awesome, if not, it needs to be simple.

Cheers!

Eric

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how about one of these:

12vdc
    http://www.lightobject.com/JLD7100-D...oller-P66.aspx

or ac
    http://www.lightobject.com/JLD612-Du...oller-P43.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Hello PLers,

I need a simple on/off switch that is controlled by a temperature change. More specifically, I need to be able to switch on (open) a solenoid valve when it reaches temps above say, -290 F, and switch off (close) below -310 F or so. If there is a ready made solution, awesome, if not, it needs to be simple.

Cheers!

Eric
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Soooo, how do these things work? I assume I need to hook it to a temperature sensor, but I do not know how that is accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Soooo, how do these things work? I assume I need to hook it to a temperature sensor, but I do not know how that is accomplished.
    Usually a thermisistor is two wires in and out reading the resistance dependent on temperature. This goes to and from the controller to trigger the control. At least that is how my kiln works .
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.