Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob question -Allright for a first laser- LH-RGB232 1W analog modulation

I've just done some pricing...

300mw 638nm diode with cheapest housing and lens $41 (DTR's Shop)

445nm m140 Dioide with cheapest housing and lens $54 (DTR's Shop)

300mw 532nm Laser Module Direct from China on Ali Express $215 - http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...er-module.html

Already that takes you to around the total projector costs without factoring in scanners, case, dichros / optics, power supplies, connections, switches, control board, building costs, profit etc. etc.

That should raise a little thought for caution, especially when a Chinese module comes in at $215 on its own at wholesale.

I can't comment on Emma's products directly as I have no knowledge of them. Maybe they're good and they have a very cheap source of parts, but I'd personally I just be a little cautious and check them out properly before purchasing to ensure you're getting what you want, given the price.

Some people on here have bought Goldenstar as a cheaper brand of laser and have been satisfied. Might be worth taking a look at their range and possibly spending a little more.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-10-2015 at 23:34.

Heya's thanks heaps for helping me in deciding with this purchase.. I know the price does sound like buyer beware... but on the other hand i have been looking into building one myself as many of you guys probly have already done and have came to this conclusion.... So i guess if i bought this unit and modules did fail/ lose power over time i could probly still use the power supply, driver board, dichros and galvos and of course the case yeah?? To me a laser seems a bit like a pc... you can upgrade parts when you need to.. eg faster scanners, more powerfull diodes? i dont know? i think at the very least i t will provide me a proper understanding of laser components and how they are all connected... i did come across a tutorial by mspencer30 on u tube? ..maybe u guys know him? here is the link to part 1. there are 4 parts... this really got me thinking of building my own... Thanks again. Peace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUyj7Hw06A

Hello,

I basically saved twice as much money and purchased a projector from Lightspace after hearing recommendations of them through other members here. The one i got was a Pluto II 3 watt Rgb. My choice ended up being between Goldenstar or Lightspace. But several members told me the finished product of a Lightspace projector was much better than a Goldenstar. i.e No hot Glue... Basically Goldenstar are good for separate parts and Lightspace are good for complete projectors.

So my total amount ended up being nearly $3000 AU. Thats for a projector and Quickshow.

I have done a few gigs with it so far and people have been blown away by what you can do.. Quickshow is kind of limited if you want to push the boundaries.. Like very limited midi control.. So to upgrade to Beyond you will need another $1000 AU.

But yeah definitely keep saving and it will be so worth getting a decent project from a "respected" Chinese company.

Hope this helps,

Peace
    http://www.eightonlight.cn/products/...2/0611/49.html

great to hear happy endings- we get some who never update us- where are the pics & vids??!!

lol
    hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-