Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob question -Allright for a first laser- LH-RGB232 1W analog modulation

Laser Warning Noob question -Allright for a first laser- LH-RGB232 1W analog modulation

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying my first laser and was hoping you guys might have some thoughts or opinions on what i have found.. Its an Emma-Light LH-RGB232 1W analog modulation laser. I have not been able to find any reviews but the specs do sound pretty good for the price you pay... I know its from Hong Kong, but after reading many posts i have noticed that once contact has been made with a dealer/supplier from china etc they generally do provide a product that meets its expectations. I have emailed this seller the a few times and they do reply really quickly. So that is promising... Anyway here are the details...

1w rgb analog laser light with ILDA and sd card interface
    Analog Modulation
    Laser Power:R:638nm 300mW G:532nm 200mW B:450nm 500mW
    Play Mode:Auto,sound active,DMX512,Master/slave、ILDA、SD Card free ishow software in sd card
    Scanning speed:25Kpps SD card:4G if use 40kpps and a scanning angle of 44 degrees add USD200
    patterns 358 kinds
    Cooling Way:Fan cooling
    Machine Size:260*180*150mm
    Carton packing size/weight:340*250*236mm/6kg

EXW price USD320 + 200 for 40Kpps

Okay.. so i have asked the following questions and did not get an answer to them so i wonder if it really makes a difference to overall usage

1. Analog Frequency Modulation? i dont know what it means... 10hz - 30hz i have no idea?
    2. Beam divergence.. did not get response to that one either...

Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps and i love all your work and are learning so much about lasers

http://www.emma-light.com/products/r...lor_series/125

I'm not an expert but Google has the answers you seek.

Analog modulation means that the laser can be "dimmied". This is important for an RGB as it allows for a lot more colors to be created. TTL modulation is either on or off therefor only creating 7 colors in an RGB system.

The beam divergence IMHO is a personal preference sort of thing in how you will be using your laser. For graphics you want a tight beam for sure. If you plan to do audience scanning (which is just about illegal in the US at least) you will actually probably add a lens to make the beam even bigger so you may not give to craps if it is a fat beam.

Hello sektar

Analog modulation means that you can mix the 3 main colors in an RGB to a huge variaty of colors. Most colors do 10-30khz from china. Beamdivergence means how thin the beam stays over a long distance. The lower the divergence the higher the brightness and the smaller the dot.

This is nessesary for graphics but if you like to purchase a projector for doing beamshows between 1 and 1.5 mrd you will be ok. There are several chinese companies that can deliver a nice system in that kind of power. Keep in mind that when you buy in china that when you have problems with it you have to send things back usually and that is costing.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Hey demolish,
    thanks for getting back to me. i understand the part of allowing a diode to be dimmed to create the various colors but what does the modulation frequency do? does a higher modulation frequency mean more potential colors? google cant help me on that one.. so i would rather ask people who know as for beam divergence.. i guess i will be mainly using it for beam shows and graphics... i have read alot about the safety side of audience scanning.. so i will be holding off on that till i get a safety lens... thanks again

It is from Shenzhen.
    Analog frequency modulation: the higher the better.
    Beam divergence, I think they need time to find them out.
    These questions are "Pro".
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    It is from Shenzhen.
    ahhh ok.. so should i ask if they use CNI diodes to find out beam divergence that way from there specs? and should i also ask what company and model the scanners are?? thanks heaps

The best is to go with what the majority goes here and that is either goldenstar, eightonlight, topiclight or Able. I have a personal preferance but that,s different for everyone person.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

It is from Shenzhen.
    If Song is saying that the modules are from Shenzhen then the divergence will be poor and the beam correction basic if its anything like the Shenzhen modules I've come across.

The modulation speed is simply how many times it can accurately be turned on/off a second. It can be indicative of rise/fall times for the laser source (usually worse for DPSS modules than direct injection)

The questions are about basic fundamental characteristics of the product, I'm not sure they are really 'pro'.

Ultimately, its a cheap price, you'll receive a cheap laser.

I know some regions/cities in Aus have stricter laws regarding lasers, might be good to check up what applies in Melb
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

A 1W RGB Analogue laser for $320 sounds too good to be true, tbh.

I'd exercise caution.

Quote Originally Posted by sektar View Post
    1. Analog Frequency Modulation? i dont know what it means... 10hz - 30hz i have no idea?
    If the system is true Analog and not TTL then you dont have to worry about the frequency of the 2 colours , Red and Blue since they are diode.
    The only bad thing that would modulate bad is the DPSS green thats going to be in there leaving you a not so even trail of uniformity straight line brightness etc...
    Philipp Wetter