Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: KVANT ClubMax 3000 - new lasershow system

This whole "2000 hours" thang is meaningless and is basically just another "hollow marketing number" without a given diode current and case temperature (as well as the pernickety, but important definition of failure)

As a rough rule of thumb, for a laser diode when the die temperature increases by 10 degC, the lifetime halves.
    i.e. you can run it well below the manufacture's rated current, but poor thermal management of the module -> diode running hot -> very short diode life, well below what the manufactures have quoted.

And seeing as I'm posting in this thread again, it wouldn't be complete without:

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

How is ON time calculated? At an average 5-7 hour club venue show what is the average ON time of any particular color?

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    This whole "2000 hours" thang is meaningless and is basically just another "hollow marketing number" without a given diode current and case temperature (as well as the pernickety, but important definition of failure)

As a rough rule of thumb, for a laser diode when the die temperature increases by 10 degC, the lifetime halves.
    i.e. you can run it well below the manufacture's rated current, but poor thermal management of the module -> diode running hot -> very short diode life, well below what the manufactures have quoted.
    Of course Daniel. And that's why I also mentioned that we tested this ourselves, meaning that we can confirm these 2000 hours and that we do all necessary to keep the diodes happy throughout their 2000 hours life span - which is the only reason we use this number. Some others say their reds will do 5000 - 10k hours so I don't know who's the marketing winner here anyway

Having the proper thermal management and all those technical thingies sorted should be pretty standard for any reasonable manufacturer these days.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Stop being a troll Dan!

Current is well below max, baseplate temp is regulated to 20 deg C, what more do you suggest?....

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post

And seeing as I'm posting in this thread again, it wouldn't be complete without:

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

The blue looks very purple. Is it as purple as that in real life?
    How much power is lost through the disco scan?
    Cheers

The blue is as blue as all the 445 blues we all know very well so it must be the camera.
    I'm not sure how much power is lost through the DS. All I can say about the DS is that it does increase the divergence similar to -4 Scan Safe lens. We didn't measure it - this is just from my observation.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Hi, thanks.

"All I can say about the DS is that it does increase the divergence similar to -4 Scan Safe lens."

That's not necessarily a bad thing for my application.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Hi, thanks.

"All I can say about the DS is that it does increase the divergence similar to -4 Scan Safe lens."

That's not necessarily a bad thing for my application.

Cheers.
    Well it is actually quite good thing for most of the applications. 95 times out of 100 you use system with DS for audience scanning anyway.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk