Thread: Beyond with APC40 over network

Default Beyond with APC40 over network

We had an interesting day at AusLEM last Saturday, one of the things we were trying was using a Beyond server with 3 FB3's attached and a Beyond client with an APC40 controlling it. Whilst we had a few issues to start with, i.e setting up colour, zones, copying over all settings, etc we struggled to get the APC40 working properly.

We could not send individual cues to individual zones or projectors? We could highlight all three zones in the preview panel on the software, send a cue to all three projectors and then mute the zone from the APC40 thus proving we had the right zones but when highlighting the zone button on the APC40 it did not select the zone in the software?

Any ideas?

We were using Beyond version 612 with the APC40 layout 3.4.

The other option is usb over ethernet, only then needing one laptop but thats another thread!

Sounds like a configuration problem in the APC40 layout file.?. Might want to contact Aaron McDonald at Pangolin and see if he can help. He's pretty swift when it comes to the APC40.

Alternately, there's a guy called "HobbyBob" on the Pangolin forums who is *REALLY* good with the APC40. He's the guy who publishes the layout files for it. You could shoot him a message on the Pango forums and see what he's got to say....

Adam

You should probably test it on a non-networked machine first to confirm if it is the template or not.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Alternately, there's a guy called "HobbyBob" on the Pangolin forums who is *REALLY* good with the APC40. He's the guy who publishes the layout files for it. You could shoot him a message on the Pango forums and see what he's got to say....
    I think its the same as "our" hobbybob

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/.../2145-hobbybob

He found a shitload of bugs that helped Pangolin improve their software. He is doing quite a few show these days with using the APC40. Maybe its a good idea to contact him

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

D'oh!

You're right - I never made the connection... (I'm such an idiot!)

So yeah, he's already right here on PL.

Adam

well i don,t blame you, he is not arround allot since he is playing with remote control helicopters and is involved in the hackerspace scene according to facebook

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!