Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF drlava (LSX\ILD_SOS\LaserCam author)?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    A target world is a projection zone, . . . you can select which target world it has to use. So with Pro, you get 32 of these, with Basic only 8 or so. I usually don't use more than 2 but if you have bounce effects you might need more.

Scan parameters are the same, but with optimisation. .
    Just to append onto CMB's nice description, LSX shows are limited by version to have 32 Worlds (in Pro) and 30 ScanParameters, with fewer numbers available in the basic and lite versions. The worlds and scan parameters are simply files which are not limited, so you could create an unlimited number of them in theory with the limitation of using a varying subset of those in an individual shows. That said, I've been having fun setting up different projection zones and scan parameters for the past year and a half and am only up to 22 and 18 respectively. (Note to self: Add more bounce mirrors! )

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Never mind...... 15 char.

Default drlava IS shipping product

Hey guys, I see some bashing here and have something to say about it:

I've placed five orders with drlava over that past 2-3 years. On average it takes about two weeks to receive his product. I have a theory that he checks for orders about once a week, so that could vary delivery by about a week depending on when you place the order.

For example, once I ordered some Flexmod P3s on Thursday and had them a few days later on Monday. But once I ordered an Upgrade for LSX and it took maybe three weeks.

I just received a Riya Lite DAC and another Flexmod yesteday; I placed that order on August 8, so that took less than two weeks.

His products are good, his pricing is fair. In my opinion he has helped make this craft available to the hobby community and for one I appreciate it.

Sure, the support is not up to par with, lets say, Pangolin. I am one of their customers now as well, their customer service is outstanding. And when I reached out to Bill Benner I found the experience very positive, and - actually - fun! We had some interesting conversations, then he passed me on to customer service where I placed my order and that experience was also excellent. IF I was a professional laserist it would certainly be Pangolin all the way. But I'm the type of guy who just now finally surrendered to upgrade my soundcard DAC for a commerical DAC so I can view locked shows. For me this is a journey, it takes time and requires patience.

So - if you want commercial quality support then go to Pangolin. Otherwise be patient, drlava will get to you when he can. It is always worth the wait.

my $0.02

-Jason

So - if you want commercial quality support then go to Pangolin. Otherwise be patient, drlava will get to you when he can. It is always worth the wait.
    Sorry, this is not some grass roots freeware with donations. He may be cheaper than Pangolin, but its still some hundred dollars, so (imho) that doesn't get him off the poor support or responses.

Also, I don't think your experience is necessarilly typical of all prospective users.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...TB-LSX-and-DAC

I rest my case
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

norty, I understand and respect your perspective. I wish you used LSX, I'd love to take a look at some of the inner workings of your art! Writing original content is a difficult adventure ...

I wish you used LSX, I'd love to take a look at some of the inner workings of your art!
    I'm trying to work out if thats a snipe or not, on the basis I think I've only ever created 5 or 7 original abstracts in my whole time with lasers! Or maybe you're just confusing me with someone else...

I spend far too much time fiddling with or repairing bloody hardware these days to find time for playing deeply with software. In fact its just about taken over (so my good lady tells me, when I pass her on the landing once a fortnight on my way to the bathroom to re-wet my soldering iron sponge...)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    I just received a Riya Lite DAC and another Flexmod yesteday; I placed that order on August 8, so that took less than two weeks.
    It's nice to hear that he's shipping product, but your post raises the question why the order I paid for on 7/27 is still in "payment accepted" status with no communication.

Maybe the comment I included with the order about providing a lower cost shipping option passed him off? I'm just speculating, though, and I had no idea about the shipping delay issue when I placed my order. Guess I didn't read enough threads. But I must say that just adds to the irony of charging $40 for express shipping and then not shipping the product in an express manner. I'm sure that once it's shipped it will arrive expeditiously.

Now, I said I was going to stop complaining and wait patiently, but it's fair to post facts, and these are the facts of my experience so far.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm trying to work out if thats a snipe or not)
    LOL Not a snipe at all, you and I are alot alike spending time with R/C and slinging solder. In fact just last night I got in the doghouse with my wife because I just received a RIYA Lite Dac and I was soldering up a DB-25 connector to get it wired to my scanner amp and at least one laser ... Whenever new hardware arrives its like nothing else exists.... I bet you know what I mean.

See, that's what I'm talking about! I just read that forum post norty, I mean THIS guy has a need for the software and he posted this TODAY... (Today being when THIS post I'm writing now was written). THIS particular guy waited TWO MONTHS?!? And he STILL doesn't have his software. It seems to me like he caters to the people who have repeat ordered from him (and I guess his "buddies") so him not really knowing me at all, first time ordering person, I can't reasonably expect that he'll have my order shipped to me within a few weeks, or even a month!!

I don't mind waiting. If he takes a little longer than most, so be it. I've ordered CD's from overseas before, and know that if I order a CD from, say, Russia or the Ukraine, I can expect it MIGHT take a month or a little more. But usually when I see nothing after 3 or 4 weeks, I email those people and they respond back. One even sent me another CD for one I ordered that hadn't arrived after a month and a half, and two days after I got the CD he resent me, the original CD I ordered came in... He told me to go ahead and keep BOTH CD's, as he wanted me to be a repeat customer... But the main thing in all this is the sellers KEPT IN TOUCH and answered my emails when I had a problem. I can't even get him to answer ANY of my emails the FIRST time around, and I've emailed him more than a few times... One time I got the auto response from his website and never got an actual reply from him!! Like he didn't even acknowledge the auto response!!

What I WANT to do is just send my money to one of his "buddies" that he'll get to within a matter of a few days, I guess since they've ordered from him before, they'll probably get priority service... Guess us "newbs" don't even rank the decency of a reply...

Doom, I think you have passed the point of diminishing returns venting your frustration in the forum. AFAIK, you haven't purchased anything from him and yet you're whining louder than any of us who have. That isn't going to improve anything for anyone.