Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: WTF drlava (LSX\ILD_SOS\LaserCam author)?

Having spent a little time with Andrew, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to play favorites unless it is for legitimate reasons like beta testing or perhaps someone's immediate need for a feature that hasn't been adequately tested for the masses.

He's been more absent for longer periods than usual for the past year, so it is understandably frustrating for his customers. I highly suspect that his personal priorities are properly aligned, but would agree that a note from him warning of delays would be nice.

Finally, if the alternative is no-DrLava products, I'd rather wait a year for my orders to be filled than not getting them at all.

My $0.02 anyway. . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i am probably responsible for a reasonable percentage of LSX sells.

i don't feel like i get special treatment. this is as it should be.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Five weeks today and counting.

Hell, I STOPPED counting... Can someone in this forum who CAN get in touch with him offer to sell his product for him while he's in extended absences? If so, make mine one of the first orders that go down...

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Five weeks today and counting.

I know that as soon as LSX FINALLY arrives on your doorstep, you'll be creating cool content in no time, Tribble. Hang in there!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

David, I bought Beyond to have something to use while I wait. I'm looking forward to finally being able to compare them in detail and provide some definitive answers when questions arise. My projector budget has been reduced accordingly, but for the living room a small homebrew will be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Doom, I think you have passed the point of diminishing returns venting your frustration in the forum. AFAIK, you haven't purchased anything from him and yet you're whining louder than any of us who have. That isn't going to improve anything for anyone.

You know, to be honest I wasn't going to say anything else regarding this... However, I genuinely do feel bad for those who still haven't gotten their products. As far as you know, you're right I haven't purchased anything from him and I WILL NOT purchase anything from him until I get some sort of response; auto response, email here or through my regular account!! I've been ripped off in the past and I won't do so again...

All I will say, and this will be the last post on it (hopefully I don't get riled up again, lol) is that I hope Dr. Lava comes through for everyone who is still waiting on product. I hope someday to be a proud owner of LSX and working on making some really cool laser animations... Hell, I just hope the guy is okay and not in trouble or worse somewhere in this crazy wide world... Maybe when all this cools down we'll find out what happened, what's really going on...

This is not the first time a thread of this subject has come up. Maybe he should have someone sell LSX for him if he really is too busy to run this anything other than a hobby?
    This space for rent.

the way i read it, LSX becomes quite the curiosity product, i feel so elite that i own it already

Thumbs up Product Arrived

In the interest of fairness I want to say that my order arrived today, Sept. 9, 2014, or a little over six weeks since I placed the order on 7/27. I received an email indicating that my product level would be upgraded due to the delay; I suspect I'll need to wait until I receive the activation file to verify that, but I wanted to provide a status update right away.

Looking forward to playing with the software, but I'm trying not to get too excited until I can actually run it. Having a hard time, though!