Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police radar jamming???

Default Police radar jamming???

So lets have it. Whos done some tinkering with the thought. Seeing that some people here frequent ham and radio meets. I figured some have messed around with them

I myself bought one of those "passive" jammers/scramblers way back when and after a few tickets bought me a radar gun to find out they didnt work

I then built me an active jammer that jammed on X and K bands only to find out how highly illegal they were and got it taken away. The cool thing was, it worked really really well and you could dial in the speed you wanted it to display on the cops display screen. Now a days the parts are nearly impossible to find.

http://www.remotesystems.com/ecm.htm

Some short lived commercially available active jammers were on the market, the Phantom RCD and Scorpion Ka RCD but the FCC nailed the guy making them.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The cops with lasers attached to their heads use 906-908 nm 7-10 nanosecond pulses at a few pulses per second.The laser "learns" the time of flight to the car and ignores active jamming. Many people have tried, none, to the best of my knowledge , have suceeded , other then in reducing the reflection of the license plate.

partz source for 24 ghz for KA band microwave experimentation ... KA radar transmitters are usually spread spectrum. If you need a chunk of wr90 for a 10 ghz Gunn diode I might be able to oblige.

www.shfmicro.com

coat your car in ecosorb.. :-)

Steve who only gives a damn about the 10 ghz ham band, 2 meters is for appliance operators......

Steve

ive got one of these bad boys on my car

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/le30.htm
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post

Lidatek for the win. I've been looking into laser jamming for a while and it seems that the diode based jammers are the best. Blinder setups using LEDs dont' always cut the mustard.

With radar jamming, also something I've looked into for a while. Your major commercial supplier (if you could call it that) is pretty much the scorpion radar jammer. I'd say give building your own a shot if you know enough to make it work. The guy who makes the scorpion has had to deal with the FCC a few times.. for some reason

Reading the link, looks like you could need a couple of these gizmoes to ensure protection? what you drivin?

Cheers

Lex

lol, i asked about radar jamming. lidar jamming is possible and commercially sold

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    lol, i asked about radar jamming. lidar jamming is possible and commercially sold
    And in most cases just reduces detection range at best.

most cruisers around here have both radar and lidar at the same time.

http://mr2.com/TEXT/FAQonLidar.html

Just getting rid of the plate reflection seems better and cheaper then a jammer.

Steve

10.5 ghz with 500 to 1500 hz FM modulation, dial a mile, on the older systems.
    Simulate the dopper shift, only much stronger.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    And in most cases just reduces detection range at best.

most cruisers around here have both radar and lidar at the same time.

http://mr2.com/TEXT/FAQonLidar.html

Just getting rid of the plate reflection seems better and cheaper then a jammer.

Steve
    There are some lidar jammers that are 99% effective, two of them I personally have seen work and in many many runs never did we get a reading. I only say 99% because I am one of those nothing is 100% people. Problem is they cost in excess of $1500

In Atlanta, I know for fact that all tickets are laser tickets due to the high volume of traffic at all hours of the day and night it became impractical to keep writing radar tickets that got overturned in court. In court if you can prove by statistics or video evidence that another car was in the officers line of sight a radar ticket can easily be overturned. Even if the other car was behind you.

However tampering with the plate reflection is a very serious crime and in most states will land you in jail quicker than a lidar jamming device. If one of the clear sprays actually worked I would use one but the plastic seems to be the only items that work on plates.

edit: i think the really effective laser jammers were Laser Blinder and Laser Echo. Also Stalker and Laser Atlanta guns do tell the officer they are being jammed
    Last edited by dream beamz; 02-01-2009 at 23:07.

Hypothetically speaking, I'd imagine if you were going to have one fitted you'd want to have it easily removable as these days after a blocked beam the police will often follow up with a visit to check your car for a blocker - many laser guns in the Uk now combine it with video footage, so they have your plate. If found, in the UK with one fitted or signs you had one fitted at the time, you will be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice.

As some of these used to be garage door openers that was always a defence although they wised up to that and started checking your garage door then prosecuted if the garage door didn't have an opening mechanism controlled by the unit.