Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightspace Leo series

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    Please stay safe and invest in a diecent pair of safety goggles as well. 1400mW of lasers can do nasty stuff to the retina inside your eye.
    I am concerned about this, as one of my projects will be developing some custom software to produce reactive scanned beam effects (directed towards me), I was wondering if there are any kind of filters I could put in front of the unit to reduce its power to a safer level? or would just setting very low RGB values be sufficient?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You could do either one or both. You could turn down the brightness of the laser right in the software although, it may still technically be a bit hazardous depending on your distance to the laser and how much you've turned it down or, you could opt to get one of the Pangolin Safety Scan lenses and holders which will allow you to diverge the beam and make it more eye safe. Truth be told, and many here will both agree and disagree but, as long as you are cautious, you're probably fine with just turning it down a bit. Honestly at LEMS and even in our own homes/facilities, people have certainly spent time being scanned with no ill effects. Lord know's it happens illegally all the time in the US and probably unafely with audiences all over the world where it's not technically "illegal." Basically.... the t-shirt says: "Do not stare into laser with one good remaining eye." Caution and common sense are the key.