Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2014 Auditorium Schedule

Oh geez, I just finished a good months worth of convincing myself that I really shouldnt go to Selem. This may have flipped my opinion. This would be 10 times easier on me if it was more SWLEM-y
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Oh geez, I just finished a good months worth of convincing myself that I really shouldnt go to Selem. This may have flipped my opinion.
    Resistance is futile. You have wasted a month. Do it. Have you not paid attention enough to realize that there are but a few certain memorable life experiences? They are, the birth of your child, your wedding day, SELEM, and perhaps college graduation. "tis only an airline ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Resistance is futile.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Side.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	43877

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    How "significantly"?

I might just be able to sneak in one more purchase before Marie knocks me out cold with a frying pan...

Adam
    Adam,
    FYI the one I bought is the Bind & Fly. No transmitter included. It requires a Spectrum transmitter or Spectrum module that fits you transmitter like I'm using.
    The Ready to Fly is $470.
    Chris
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 07-09-2014 at 03:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    The Ready to Fly is $470.
    Ouch. I think I'll have to wait on this one...

Adam

Just an update: My 250-series flybarless collective pitch X3V showed up yesterday. WOW! This thing is awesome. Instant response and rock-solid stability. It will hover with hands off the sticks, and yet it will zoom off with just a flick of the cyclic. I love this thing! Rotor speed is a bit scary though. It really screams!

Definitely going to be flying it at SELEM this year. (Now I can't wait to compare it to the 450 T-Rex clone that I still have on order...)

Adam

Just an update: My 250-series flybarless collective pitch X3V showed up yesterday. WOW! This thing is awesome. Instant response and rock-solid stability. It will hover with hands off the sticks, and yet it will zoom off with just a flick of the cyclic. I love this thing! Rotor speed is a bit scary though. It really screams!

Definitely going to be flying it at SELEM this year. (Now I can't wait to compare it to the 450 T-Rex clone that I still have on order...)

Adam
    I can't wait to see all of your new machines.
    FYI If you are ordering from Bangood you may not get it in time for SELEM.

I ordered the X3V from Banggood and it arrived in ~ 10 days. Came via DHL. The T-rex clone is also coming from them, and it shipped on Monday, so I'm hoping it will be here next week.

I'm telling you though, this X3V is awesome. It's about the same size as the V912 that has been discussed earlier (the one that flies like a truck), but unlike the 912, the X3V is flybarless, full collective pitch, true variable-pitch belt-driven tail rotor, and FAST AS HELL. I can't believe this thing! (Wish I'd bought one last year...)

Of course, it's rated for full 3D acrobatics, but I'm afraid to try to invert it for fear that I'll crash it and destroy it. (The all-aluminum rotor head and swash plate means that when it breaks, it breaks big!)

Adam

Holy crap! Maybe I AM going to need a cargo van for SELEM this year. One of the new birds arrived today. For a sense of perspective, here is the box in the back seat of the car after I picked it up from the post office:

Name:	IMGP8133.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	44000

Also for perspective, here it is with one of my shoes alongside.

Name:	IMGP8139.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	44001

Sucker is noisy when all those fans spin up! LOL

Wow, that thing is a lot bigger than I expected.

See the other RC thread for details on my latest mishap with the new 450-series bird I got. (Just arrived yesterday!) The rotor diameter is close to the total size of your bird, but slightly smaller. It's a beast though! Rotor speed is terrifying. (Got a problem with the servos that I need to work out before SELEM.)

Agreed that the equipment is piling up fast. I now have 8 RC birds, and I wanted to bring all of them to SELEM. But I've got tons of other stuff I want to bring too. (Damn - I need an enclosed trailer bad!)

Adam

Agreed that the equipment is piling up fast. I now have 8 RC birds, and I wanted to bring all of them to SELEM. But I've got tons of other stuff I want to bring too. (Damn - I need an enclosed trailer bad!)
    Yes, I just read about your mishap.

You need Marie to have another few week long business trip!