Thread: Pangolin Safety Scan lenses and mounts & FB3

Default Pangolin Safety Scan lenses and mounts & FB3

Hi All

Bit of a longshot, but is anyone looking to sell any Safety Scan lenses?
    Ideally I'm looking for the -4, -5 or -6 ones (two of each) but happy to consider anything you have.

Also lens mounts (I can replace the adhesive).

Please let me know ASAP if you have any of the above as I will be placing an order for new items shortly if I can't find any elsewhere.

Also looking for another FB3 (any version).

Cheers,
    John

I have one Safetyscan lens that I don't use, without mount unfortunately. Let me just look which diopter it has as I'm not sure right now.

Sebastien

Edit : it's a -3 diopter, already very strong amplification of the divergence...
    Last edited by sbk; 07-01-2014 at 12:11.

Hi Sebastien

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's going to be worth buying your single lens as I need them in pairs really. I might PM you in a few weeks though because I may want it for some testing of the different diopters.

If anyone else has any lenses for sale please let me know asap as I'll be placing a new order shortly. Also, does anyone know of a cheap source for these in the EU? All the prices I find are massively over-inflated compared to buying direct from Pangolin, even with the import duty and taxes.

Cheers,
    John

Hi John

If it's cheapest to buy from Pangolin, why not just get them from Pangolin?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Well, that's the plan!

My point was that it seems odd that buying from the States with all the tax and duty is cheaper than from an EU dealer! Generally I would prefer to keep my spending within the EU too if possible.

Either way, if I don't find anything cheaper by tonight then I will get them from Pangolin.

Cheers,
    John

Strangely I'm in north america and it was cheaper to ship them from the eu when I bought mine Mind you I'm about as far from Florida as you are..

Collimated.com has them at a reasonable price. And they were also able to do a mix and matched set for me at the time, as I wanted a set consisting of two of each of 3 sizes.

http://shop.collimated.com/safety-sc...kit-p-378.html

Thanks, I've mailed them for a quote!

Quote Originally Posted by jbinks View Post
    Hi Sebastien

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's going to be worth buying your single lens as I need them in pairs really. I might PM you in a few weeks though because I may want it for some testing of the different diopters.

Cheers,
    John
    Good thing, it's actually better to test divergence in real than estimate with calculation as it's almost impossible if you don't know exactly the data of the beam, including m^2.

As you're in the UK, did you asked Kvant or Laserworld?

I checked their web pricing but found them to be unreasonably expensive, especially for the mount.

Definitely get the Pangolin mount rather than the Kvant mount. (Well I guess unless you have a Kvant projector that will directly fit it). People were using the kvant mounts early on before Pangolin released their own design, however now that they are available, they are the best option. Not only much cheaper, but nicer quality and way more adjustable, and also easier to universally mount as include screws mounted to two sided tape so just sticks on and can be adjusted from there.