Thread: Coherent Enterprise II Problem

Unhappy Coherent Enterprise II Problem

Hi folks,

Due to a lab dismantling i got hold of two Enterprise II sets, tubes & power supplys. Manufactured 1999 in rather great shape. Got the complete wiring harness but no manuals or documentation.
    Everything works fine, except that i get an Interlock fault. The lamps on the power supply read: CURRENT LIMIT : ON / HEAD FAULT : OFF / SYSTEM FAULT : OFF / INTERLOCK FAULT : ON.
    So, no light sadly

Otherwise everything is hooked up, cooling water etc. also the little digital control panel tells me that theres a fault (what a surprise. . .)

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated, I've searched for manuals and other information but to no avail.

Greeting from Germany
    Deimos

Lightbulb

hi Deimos -

Couple-suggestions for you to check:

1 - Does the power supply have a 'Proteus-wheel' in it? They look like this: http://www.jpkummer.com/cms/Image/JP.../100series.JPG - or some-variant, thereof.. If-so, you might have a 'bad coil' on it, which is not all too-uncommon, and therefore, it will not 'pass' the interlock signal back to it's proper-place in the PS / Intlk-circuit..

2 - If-no 'Proteus', what about a 'standard' flow-switch? Sometimes they can get rusted-stuck closed / open, and, again, not pass the interlock-siggy..

3 - If both / either of those components of an Ion interlock-circuit are fine, does your E-II have a 'head-side emission-lamp' ("LASER EMISSION")? If so, is the lamp lit? Or burnt out? Cause in certain Coherent heads, if the lamp is burnt, they will also throw an 'interlock' error, as they make that silly-seeming little thing actually part of the interlock-circuit - yet one more item on the list of things that need 'overhaul' in the Regs..

4 - Be sure you've triple-checked the head *and* power-supply case-interlocks - if they're old - or unhooked - and thus not passing the siggy, you'll glean such an error...

Lemme know and we can go from there..
    cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Have you tried sending serial numbers for the head and PSu to Coherent Germany and requesting a PDF of the manual? Coherent is usually excellent in this respect...
    Steve

I to have the same set up. Coherent told me to jumper pins 1&2 and put a 1.4kohm resistor between pins 3&10 on the 15 pin d-sub to bypass controller. As for the chiller they said flow city water and jumper 2&3 and 7&8 on the 9 pin chiller d-sub connector. I did all of these steps and I'm currently getting: Current limit n /Head fault ff / System fault ff / Interlock fault n. Any ideas what I may be missing I triple checked my jumper connections and my head has a test switch to verify the laser emission lamp and when I hit it the indicator bulb comes on. Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated