Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inkscape: laser effect

Default Inkscape: laser effect

Hi guys. Can somebody tell me how to make a laser effect it in the program inkscape? Such as text font, etc. I know that this can be done with other software nparimer Photoshop, but I konkertno interisuet inkscape for my implementation. There are among the forum participants who are well razbiraetsya in inkscape?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	????.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	769.2 KB 
ID:	41306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	???? 2 .PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	41307

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

ILDSoS is the programed used.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

You got me wrong. I need it not for Ilda exports. A conventional laser effect it illustrations for export Jpeg, Png

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor86 View Post
    You got me wrong. I need it not for Ilda exports. A conventional laser effect it illustrations for export Jpeg, Png
    You can set the background to black in the preferences, and draw with thin lines, use a lot of custom gradients and you should be able to get a close approximation of a graphics projection. For beams the best bet is to use a real laser program like steve mentioned and just take a screen capture.

you can perhaps use the Glow filter to make it little bit like light but best would be to project laser animation directly, such a wonderful light is hard to simulate

And who knows how to take a screenshot using Ilda sos. I tried to cut with scissors the editor but the quality does not suit me. Pictures obtained faded and dull (picture 1-2). 3-4 shown in the picture that I mean what effect it I want to achieve this without the help perhaps of the laser?

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	41309 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	41310

Name:	5QonBv-LvqU.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	41311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200043.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	41313
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100046.jpg  

Last edited by Vektor86; 12-15-2013 at 21:07.

I have a related goal. I am hoping to simulate an animated laser projection using a video projector. In my case, it this needs to be near an actor, and I would rather not have to deal with safety issues.

I imagine any approach that can simulate neon can be used to simulate a still image, but for animation, I think it is necessary to simulate the scanning. And I actually think it needs to simulate a scan rate below an ideal rate to emphasize the idea that is it a laser scanned image.

The first approach I can think of would be to start with the animation without the flicker. Then, create a drawing that looks like it might have been used to simulate the radar blips on an old, low-budget movie. This would perhaps look something like this,

Name:	Radar Mask.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	43773

Then, put this image on a layer in front of the earlier image, and have it rotating perhaps 10 rev/sec. It might look like a laser drawing the image. However this would only work for something with nothing in the very center.

Any other ideas? How about a low-cost or free 2d animation program to do this?

-Joe

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

what about dropping your animaton into a video editor and replacing some of the frames with black.

you would also be able to goose the levels/contrast until it was sufficiently laser like.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcoke5 View Post
    I have a related goal. I am hoping to simulate an animated laser projection using a video projector. In my case, it this needs to be near an actor, and I would rather not have to deal with safety issues.

I imagine any approach that can simulate neon can be used to simulate a still image, but for animation, I think it is necessary to simulate the scanning. And I actually think it needs to simulate a scan rate below an ideal rate to emphasize the idea that is it a laser scanned image.

The first approach I can think of would be to start with the animation without the flicker. Then, create a drawing that looks like it might have been used to simulate the radar blips on an old, low-budget movie. This would perhaps look something like this,

Name:	Radar Mask.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	43773

Then, put this image on a layer in front of the earlier image, and have it rotating perhaps 10 rev/sec. It might look like a laser drawing the image. However this would only work for something with nothing in the very center.

Any other ideas? How about a low-cost or free 2d animation program to do this?

-Joe
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

using video projector to simulate laser you're restricted by the projector resolution, even with HD projector when cast on a far away target, thin lines become proportionally thicker
    if you manage to do the projection, post some photos to see if it's usable

Thanks for the replies.

In my case, the projected area will probably be small enough that I think HD will be sufficient. My biggest concern is that a projector's "black" is not black. Hopefully the ambient light will hide the video projector's "black". I doubt the act of adding some blank frames for flicker will be convincing enough. But, it is an attractive method because it seems very easy to do. It may even be the most realistic approach. But it may not totally convince the audience that this is being drawn by a laser, rather than a video projector.

Some puppeteer friends criticized a commercial that featured some poorly done marionette puppets. But, in that case, the puppets needed to move poorly, to emphasize the fact they were puppets. A top-notch puppeteer would do much better, but that was not what was needed for the commercial. I think I may need to simulate a low-quality laser animation to help my trick be more convincing.

I imagine the only way to know for sure is to try it.

-Joe