Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix 4 live help

Default Phoenix 4 live help

HI

New to the forum so please be gentle with me.

Prior to realising this forum existed I made the dubious decision to buy a Laserworld CS2000 (yes I know)....it came with Phoenix 4 live.

As in other threads the unit performs ok in standalone mode but when the software is used I cannot centralise the beam.....it isn't hitting the scanners correctly and no matter what I try and do with the settings.

I cant get any photos as my camera obviously wont work with the intense light at the aperture....but the beam is being reflected up and left and is actually reflecting into the unit.

I have downloaded the latest version of live and done a firmware update on the v2 controller and that is the limit of my skills so far.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alan

Just to cover the basics...

If the laser beam is not hitting the scanner correctly under ILDA control, it won't be hitting them correctly in standalone mode.
    The projector does not have any provision for aligning the beam internally via software, so its either properly aligned onto the scanner mirrors, or not, regardless of the control method.
    So your problem is actually the projector alignment, rather than anything software related I would imagine.

If you are saying that under ILDA control the beam is hitting the scanners correctly but for some reason it is pointing the beam up/left, then it may be that something is not configured properly in Phoenix, such as the zone being set off centre or similar (I'm afraid I've never seen Phoenix, so can't help much in that respect)

So if you can clarify what the actual problem is (misaligned beam onto the scanner mirrors, or mirrors not pointing straight out of the front when scanning patterns) we may be able to help a bit more.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Just to cover the basics...

If the laser beam is not hitting the scanner correctly under ILDA control, it won't be hitting them correctly in standalone mode.
    The projector does not have any provision for aligning the beam internally via software, so its either properly aligned onto the scanner mirrors, or not, regardless of the control method.
    So your problem is actually the projector alignment, rather than anything software related I would imagine.

If you are saying that under ILDA control the beam is hitting the scanners correctly but for some reason it is pointing the beam up/left, then it may be that something is not configured properly in Phoenix, such as the zone being set off centre or similar (I'm afraid I've never seen Phoenix, so can't help much in that respect)

So if you can clarify what the actual problem is (misaligned beam onto the scanner mirrors, or mirrors not pointing straight out of the front when scanning patterns) we may be able to help a bit more.
    Thanks for the reply.

That weird but I understand what you are saying.
    When looking at the mirrors in standalone mode the beam appears to hit them both pretty centrally......in ilda it appears thrown off to the outside edge of the top (final) mirror.
    That does sound along the lines of your zone suggestion maybe?
    As a matter of interest.... the very basic manual says nothing about repositioning the dip switches when using ilda.....does it override the dips?

Not sure I described that very well.
    I will try again tomorrow as what you are saying about the alignment makes total sense.
    Apparently the laser world UK agent is going to call me tomorrow......that should be an interesting conversation!

Hi, I don`t know Phoenix live, but in both QS and Spaghetti as i use, you are able to define the size and position on the projected area. To me it sounds like you have the area defined way over to either left or right. See if you can find this function/setting and see if you are able to get a better result.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    Hi, I don`t know Phoenix live, but in both QS and Spaghetti as i use, you are able to define the size and position on the projected area. To me it sounds like you have the area defined way over to either left or right. See if you can find this function/setting and see if you are able to get a better result.
    I'll have another look....totaly new to this and instructions are a bit scarce!

thanks.

ok go to settings , laser settings , and in side you will see this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	live.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	43620 here you can make those adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    ok go to settings , laser settings , and in side you will see this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	live.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	43620 here you can make those adjustments
    Hi and thanks......I tried adjusting the x and y and don't seem to be able to make enough adjustment on either axis to get the beam where it should be.

As soon as it heads in the right direction it disappears off the mirror altogether.

Frustrating is a word I would use right now!

ok go to advanced options tb then go to Click image for larger version. 

Name:	live 2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	43621then go to color settings and click the use test picture option then select one of the test patterns

now you have to adjust all 3 zones(screen ,audience , text)as stuff if located in all of them by clicking on the zone then adjusting the sliders for each of them

Ok....I'll try that later today when I've finished work.....thanks for taking the time to assist!
    The Laserworld rep just rang and suggested that it could be the ilda lead......I'll try your suggestions first....thanks again, I'll post back on here as soon as I've had a play.

Alan