Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini, pop up DeLEM... uh, today!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Mini, pop up DeLEM... uh, today!

Got a glorious message on my work phone when I arrived yesterday that buffo was unknowingly going to be about 30 minutes away from where I sat. He did some sweet talking with work and the wife and will FINALLY have an opportunity to come hang out at the playground today/tonight and drive back a day later than expected. He was doing a show just north of Baltimore this weekend.

Anywho... if any of the local members want to come hang out later this afternoon/evening, me, buffo, ImageLight, and possibly araugh from X-Laser will be lightin' the mutha up tonight. I'm thinking about people like bungy, BradleyJay, and the gentleman in Harpers Ferry who's screen name escapes me right now. Mark and I are going to meet up with them probably at X-Laser in Laurel, MD around lunchtime and I'm guessing get back to the hall later in the afternoon and figure out some sort of trouble to get into. Looking forward to a fun day!

PM me if it's something you can do and I'll get you a better time once I know it (and directions again if you need them).

oops meant to put this in the meet & greet thread.

Waiting for the Live stream link...
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Damn, I would have loved to hang out. I just got in from a full day of yard work and fighting hornets.

Sorry you missed it. I just got buffo in a motel and got home about 3 am. Great day and a lot of fun. I think buffo discovered heaven.

There is a certain warm fuzzy feeling that comes over you when someone with that much experience, that I respect and, who has been around this addiction for a number of years says that they experienced that rare jaw dropping feeling of wonderment and amazement that got them excited about lasers in the first place and that it's the perfect venue for laser shows. I have to admit, the setup tonight was near perfect and truly mind blowing. Even I, who is admittedly a bit jaded, was wide eyed with amazement. It was like seeing a large number of the "same old shows" for the very first time and, how they really "should" be seen in the first place. Video was taken and some still pictures as well. I think Mark's turned out better than mine and I hope he posts a few. Sorry... we really should have streamed it.

Default For The Love Of Light

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	43866 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	43867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	43868 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	43869 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	43870 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1515.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	43871

Welcome To DELEM 2014

Smile Brad, you Rock!

OH MY GOD!

I don't even know where to begin to describe the shows we saw Sunday night.

Remember your feeling of wonder and utter amazement when you saw your first full-color RGB running? Yeah, it was like that. Only better. Bear in mind, this is coming from the guy who has done countless LEM's. I thought I'd seen it all. I was wrong. Wow, was I wrong!

I never thought I could feel so amazed at "just another laser show". But I was in for one hell of a surprise. The geometry of the room, coupled with the matched projectors and the precise positioning made for a symmetrical display that was better than anything I've ever seen before. And bear in mind that we mostly played canned beam-shows from the Pangolin install disc. So this was all old material that we've all seen many times before.

Brad's venue is *PERFECT* for laser shows. Large, wide room, very tall ceiling, awesome house sound system, and no problems with the fire alarm system so we could run the hazer as much as we wanted. We had 5 matched Pluto II RGB projectors set up: 3 on a truss, and two more on pedestals (glow totems) left and right. We also had a par of Bliss-light projectors set up to give the back wall a little dressing up.

The pictures that Mark posted above really don't do this place justice. In fact, even the video I shot doesn't do it justice. (I'll get the video uploaded in a day or two.) It gives you an idea though. In person it was absolutely mind-blowing.

If it wasn't for the fact that Brad's facility is so frequently booked for weddings and so fourth, I'd move SELEM to his building in a heartbeat. But unfortunately, blocking out that venue for 4 days would be prohibitively expensive. (Kinda hard to justify turning down several wedding gigs just to host SELEM there.)

Still, I plan to make another trip up to Delaware just to experience the incredible show experience again. It's probably going to have to be during the week sometime, as the venue is booked more or less solid every weekend.

If any of you have the chance to check out Brad's facility, TAKE IT! Personally, I think his setup is actually better than what we have in the auditorium at SELEM. (And that's saying a lot!) I may even change things up a bit this year at SELEM based on what I saw at Brad's place. For sure "Club-SELEM" will look different this year, as I plan to incorporate some of the design elements that Brad has at his place into the setup in the cafeteria.

I owe both Brad and Mark a huge thank-you for everything they did to make me feel welcome. I was dead-tired, but the extra driving was well worth it for the experience. You guys are the best! We will do this again soon, I promise!

Adam

PS: I'm still re-playing the images in my head as I sit here at work today. Damn, but this was a fun weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	43873

Lov to see him soooo happy!!!

Had a great time Sunday seeing you guys. I look forward to doing this again

Brad,

I am no longer in Harpers Ferry but south of you near wallops island Va.

Damn sorry I missed this until today.

I get sundays off most of the time...

Glad to see the great pics.

L