Thread: WideMove scanner layout, 3D model in SketchUp.

Default WideMove scanner layout, 3D model in SketchUp.

I am making my WideMove layout 3D design public. It's simple, just took a bit of thought to get it to be easy to make, nicely symmetrical, and to put out the widest possible scan angle without wasted light. As this means a large aperture, I took care to make a decent platform with a windowed semi-sealed enclosure, so I'm showing that too, as a basis for people wanting to use those scanners. I like them, but I suspect not as much as I'll like the DT40's I want to get, sometime, if they are accurate enough.

All files copyright 2006, Crow (alias The Doctor, Lostgallifreyan). NOT to be used commercially unless I am paid.
    The attached ZIP file has a note that explains more about this layout and the SketchUp design file.

tidy little projector doc!

Is the scan amp under the beam table?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    tidy little projector doc!

Is the scan amp under the beam table?
    Yes, the, idea is to make the whole thing portable easily, to stay accurate and reliable even if it's treated roughly while moving it. It wouldn't be varianceable without an outer cover to stop light getting out, and a few other things like a manual shutter and keyswitch. (Though in this case it does have that on that PSU.) The top cover has four small bits of acetal plastic to hold it onto the baseplate, so that no tools are needed to get complete access to a flat, open table, in case something needed doing there in a hurry.

Very good idea to have the scanners as close as possible of the aperture of the projector!
    I was in search of an idea like this for my Widemove to have the max scan angle wihout having a 20cm*20cm output window because of scanners far from aperture