Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2014 F/S or Trade Thread

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I like the fact that it's 660nm!

Default Green HeNe available

I have a little green HeNe that was in someone's homemade lissajous factory before the "scanners" failed and I cannibalized the parts for other projects. Just fired it up and it still lases just fine. Never put out much, probably a few mW at best. Dime-store green DPSS laser pointers are brighter, but they are not COOKING WITH GAS!

I don't have any particular attachment to this unit, so if there is anyone coming to SELEM who wants to look at it or acquire it I can put it in the car.

The tube is in a black cylinder; tube has a good length of cable terminated in an Alden connector; mates to included PS, which is of the black potted box type.

Pix if interest, or maybe over the weekend anyway if I extract it from its box and wipe it down.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    You're close, Brad! It's 14" x 12" x 6 ".

It's home-made. I did the optical table; DZ did the wiring. 275 mw Lasever DPSS Green, custom-built quad 660 nm red (Thanks to MechEng3), and a home-built 445 nm blue in an Aixis module on a microlabs mount. Everything supports full analog modulation. Scanners are 40K-capable, but are tuned for 30K. I can run the ILDA test pattern at around 15 degrees, which is more than respectable.
    Wow, there's going to be a bidding war on this puppy before anyone even gets to see it in action! :-)

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Would like green hene!

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I have a little green HeNe that was in someone's homemade lissajous factory before the "scanners" failed and I cannibalized the parts for other projects. Just fired it up and it still lases just fine. Never put out much, probably a few mW at best. Dime-store green DPSS laser pointers are brighter, but they are not COOKING WITH GAS!

I don't have any particular attachment to this unit, so if there is anyone coming to SELEM who wants to look at it or acquire it I can put it in the car.

The tube is in a black cylinder; tube has a good length of cable terminated in an Alden connector; mates to included PS, which is of the black potted box type.

Pix if interest, or maybe over the weekend anyway if I extract it from its box and wipe it down.

Default 2mW 532 hene

EDIT: Green HeNe is about 543nm, not 532!

OK, here's some photos of the 543 HeNe. When I took the tube holder out of its cradle, I found the label on the back side; see photos below.

I did some quick-n-dirty spot size photos; I'm not going to try to make representations of divergence; I'd want to get some better images in darker lighting perhaps.

Here's the label. Note mfg date of 1993:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	532hene-label-IMAG2026.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	44149

Here's the head end of the assembly; length is about 20"; HV cable is a bit more than 5' long:

Name:	532hene-tube-IMAG2022.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	665.9 KB 
ID:	44151

Here's the box it was in with the PS. Box is 2' long.

Name:	532hene-box-IMAG2025.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	44152

This is the PS label. There is an adjustment pot on another side. I haven't tried adjusting it.

Name:	532hene-ps-IMAG2023.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	785.2 KB 
ID:	44153

Here's the spot about 6" from the OC:

Name:	532hene-near-IMAG2027.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	44150

Here's the spot at about 10':

Name:	532hene-10ft-IMAG2018.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	981.0 KB 
ID:	44154

Here's the spot at about 50':

Name:	532hene-50ft-IMAG2020.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	44155

Here's the spot at about 100': It's a bit dim at this range during the day, so hard to estimate where the edges are.

Name:	532hene-100ft-IMAG2021.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	44156
    Last edited by tribble; 07-27-2014 at 11:31. Reason: add date and cable length

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'll have the same 2.8W Melles YAG I brought and didn't sell last year...
    What were you looking for on this unit? I don't recall if I looked at it closely last year. I have one doing roughly that on one of my Mobo's and might want to have a "twin" for one of my other Mobo's.

As much as it makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about... I might be inclined to listen to offers for my Kvant Spectrum 1.6w RGB's that have graced the auditorium for the past two years. I really don't want to sell either one of them as they are some of my more valuable possesions... (think Gollum and a certain Tolkien inspired ring) but, the reality is... at this point they only get used at SELEM (well... I displayed one out my bedroom window on a snowy evening last winter just to check it out) and to have somewhere between $8 and $9,000 tied up in them (including my $800 shipping nightmare for one of them) and find I only use them once a year is silly.

I'll post the details on each when I get a chance, including some pictures but, they're both outfitted with Cambridge 6215's. Both have beefy flight cases. They differ in how each one gets to their 1.6 watts of Kvant deliciousness. One PBS's 2 greens, the other has beefier 445 so, they'ne not "matched". I'm not thinking they'd go as a pair to anyone anyway.

I've spent the past year lusting over the American DJ Vizi Beam hybrid 2r moving head light fixture and will be in the presence of being able to buy some at a reduced price the day before SELEM at the Atlantic City DJ show. They're about $1700 normally and I'd like two at a bare minimum. So, if I knew there was a chance of walking out Sunday with some of that money replenished, I'd have a little less of a nervous twitch that I do right now.
    It would have been easy but, I also just bought two more projectors yesterday, specifically for SELEM and I'm committed to Jem's lumia rig as well.

I'm not making promises that I won't throw up a little if I get an offer or, waiver on a decison to sell but, I'll be willing to listen and have a little dialog. It may be unrealistic I know but, bare minimum discussion starter is $2750 for either one. I'll quietly slink away stroking and caressing "my Precious" for anything less.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=DZ;296750]There's a skylight 70 that's gas intact. It's currently reserved for someone at SELEM, if they pass you're next in line. Will you be attending SELEM? Shipping the Skylight isn't going to be cheap...

I'm interested in the skylight if it has the "highlight" style simplified power supply.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default FS at SELEM or NOW

FS at SELEM 2014)or now)

One 6 min or LESS Mike Dunn song module OR $350 off the cost of a custom made module-- Mike has many dozens FS-BUT none for Fb3 QS or Beyond- these need LD2000/QM toi be used--

Search 'mike dunn Laser' to get a link to the huge list--

make an offer
    OR buy-it-now for $300
    no reply neans no thanks--

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-