Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIYA GLS "GET LASER SHOW" Software and Dac from Illumination Supply

True color will be supported in full volume after realize ILDA full-color formats import.
    DACs and internal data structure is ready for it

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    [SIZE=4].... For the version I have, you can edit without the output device attached, which is very nice. Flying back from the show, I edited content on the plane. This drew a few odd looks from my seatmates, but it was nice to edit without a Dongle. The expression editor is there, and it works. This is really a full featured show editor with all the bells and whistles.
    Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    ... But I'd buy it myself if it would support ... ILDA export.
    by the other words: "I want free ILDA editor"?
    Last edited by riyalasers; 07-11-2014 at 10:59.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Riya Said:

Quote:
    by the other words: "I want free ILDA editor"?
    End Quote.

No, I'm not expecting a free Ilda editor. I'd like you to make a reasonable profit and stay in business. Creators of free software often do not make specialized changes when I need them. More important to me is support, and knowing my control systems providers will still be producing product five years from now. Support costs money to accomplish.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-11-2014 at 14:12.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve,
    my reply was for magus...

Our strategy: in software we do not limited customers in any functions (exclude one: is not possible display shows to laser projector without controllers )
    In the same time our software is absolutely do not interested for chackers: is supported own format of shows; sources do not include support three-party controllers; it is oriented only to our controllers.
    When we will support ILDA export - it will make program more expensive... and we should make many better protection...

Our slogan - "let's go and play".
    It means: make own show and play it by our controller (for very low money)
    If you want play shows on other controllers (projectors..) without our controllers - sorry... you should use other editors

Quote Originally Posted by zorn View Post
    Are you thinking of an option for people who already own RIYA dacs to get the program? Or will we need to buy a new RIYA dac to get it?
    GLS can work with old type controllers (Multibus series).
    For it should be rewritted firmware of these controllers

Note: GLS support only USB interface (will impossible work over Ethernet with Multibus Basic/Pro models)

GLS will work only with our controller;

We do not positioned our software/hardware set as professional, or as instrument for creating and selling shows for independent [from our hardware] using;
    If you sells shows - do not economy money; pay for example money for Pangolin Pro +LD 2000 software, and you will have perfect product, which provide ILDA export

We use SDcards in Multibus controllers; but we have not seen really interest for they and legally using: de-facto customers as I know use stealing files.
    We have done some functions in controllers with SDcards, which make protection shows for artists, who produce ILDA files; but unfortunately we newer received requests for cooperation from people, who make ILDA shows

We have under developing version of GLS controller with SDcard; but this time SDcard will support shows not in ILDA format, but only in our own format

about scanrate:
    - controller provide 100K scanrate;
    - but in software we limited it up to 30K.
    Why?
    - non-professional users can damage their slow scanners if we will allows them to make fast scanrate;
    - and... what will we do in next... more professional versions?

I like more options and what youre offering, but this sounds stupid. Why are you offering people to use another product isntead of adding a small feature to your own and getting more people to buy it?

oh, another controller switching to proprietary formats. wondeful...

You just copy-pasted pangolin's argument.
    If you think we are smart enough to handle equipment which can get people blind when selling us your program, then you cant fool me into believing you think we arent smart enough to handle the equipment with care as well. This just grinds my gears. If you want more money for that, fine, but dont treat us like fools.
    At $150 there isn't a lot of margin to hire software developers to add features. And as far as proprietary formats go, that's the status quo in this business. Don't complain to RiyaLasers about what exists across the board. I'd be willing to bet that if RiyaLasers began selling the DACS/software in quantities that brought in enough profit for extra development that it would happen. But, they have to start somewhere so give them a break.

For the $150 you are basically getting the Riya Lite plus free software. The DAC works fine with other software that supports RIYA DACs so it is a great deal.

Dear zorn/magus,
    communication in "russian style" can be good for russian forums;
    but it will not add authority to you here

People can make decision who is stupid here themself :
    - me;
    - you;
    - people, who will buy from you two your shows in ILDA format;
    - or people, who will buy from me [for the same money]:
    ---- instrument for create shows with very wide functionality (GLS software);
    ---- controller for display shows to projector, which support work with our (GLS), and with other (LSX, Spaghetti, HE-Laserscan, ZOOF, LFI...) software;
    ---- library of shows (more four tens shows).

...If you think we are smart enough to handle equipment which can get people blind when selling us your program, then you cant fool me into believing you think we arent smart enough to handle the equipment with care as well. This just grinds my gears. If you want more money for that, fine, but dont treat us like fools.
    We analysed situation with computer/software crash within show translation.

Current version of firmware have not protection from it now.

It is fatal error? Can get people blind?
    - No!
    In this situation controller will translate LAST FRAME (up to renew work software/computer, or up to "power off").

It is good?
    - No of course!
    We will fix it; and I will be glad to hear any advices or algorithms for this protection here
    Last edited by riyalasers; 07-13-2014 at 22:14.

Hi All,

The Riya GLS is available for purchase here!

http://www.illumn.com/riya-gls-usb-dac-w.html

Craig

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

LINKS to MANUFACTURER, Sales and Demo Download:

http://getlasershow.com/

http://www.illumn.com/other-products...usb-dac-w.html

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-23-2014 at 15:53.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by riyalasers View Post
    Dear zorn/magus
    Yup - one in the same! (They are always sock-puppeting each other...)

communication in "russian style" can be good for russian forums, but it will not add authority to you here
    Well put!

Adam