Thread: Coherent enterprise II

Laser Warning Coherent enterprise II

Hello all,

I was hoping someone here may be able to help me with a coherent enterprise II system. I have a 621 and matching supply, the chiller unit and I purchased a new controller defeat board so the head can be ran off the power adjust directly off the supply. The only thing I need to make is the J3 serial 9 pin d-sub cable or what pins on it need to be shorted so it won't get an interlock error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dhg6 View Post
    Hello all,

I was hoping someone here may be able to help me with a coherent enterprise II system. I have a 621 and matching supply, the chiller unit and I purchased a new controller defeat board so the head can be ran off the power adjust directly off the supply. The only thing I need to make is the J3 serial 9 pin d-sub cable or what pins on it need to be shorted so it won't get an interlock error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Call Coherent Service on their 1-800 number. Keep pressing buttons until you get to scientific laser service div. Give them the head and PSU serial numbers and usually they will answer your question or even send you a PDF of the manual. Keep the call short and professional, and you'll be amazed how co-operative they are. Act like a hobbyist, ask too many questions, and they will not be friendly. Make sure you have both serials when you call, or data will NOT be forthcoming.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I will give that a shot Steve and thank you for the prompt response.