Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great to see another 462nm diodes

Mmm I should try G-2 maybe it's worth it. Of course they are bright, actually it was the first time I was dazzled when looking at the reflection on a wall from a blue diode Can't wait to put it into the projector and see the result with RGB.
    I'm just a bit annoyed with these missing 0.5W per diode, not that good if they are absorbed by optics...

These diodes are so tempting to get to replace my 445nm I just don't like 445nm.

Is there any need of changing the correction optics with this diode as opposed to 445nm correction?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Mmm I should try G-2 maybe it's worth it. Of course they are bright, actually it was the first time I was dazzled when looking at the reflection on a wall from a blue diode Can't wait to put it into the projector and see the result with RGB.
    I'm just a bit annoyed with these missing 0.5W per diode, not that good if they are absorbed by optics...
    Yep the testing is done with a G-2. The 0.5W is not necessarily missing it is probably being eaten by the lens. What kind of lens is it?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    These diodes are so tempting to get to replace my 445nm I just don't like 445nm.

Is there any need of changing the correction optics with this diode as opposed to 445nm correction?
    Same correction method should work with these. The divergence is no worse than the M140/A140 445nm diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post

Right there with you. 445 is a nice deep blue but I find it way too deep for a regular blue. As for correction, these are going to be about the same as the 445s. Prism pairs should clean these up but you'd probably be better off with a cylinder pair. As for pulling the trigger, I would get yours while they last. I know Jordan was saying that there is a limited quantity for now.

If I had to guess, These are supposed to be 450nm diodes and 461nm is the max limit on wavelength tolerance for whoever they are manufacturing the diodes for. As such, these are binned and being sold as a lot rather than being scrapped. There will probably be another lot in the future but who knows how long that will be. Again, that is just a guess but it seems logical to me.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Yep the testing is done with a G-2. The 0.5W is not necessarily missing it is probably being eaten by the lens. What kind of lens is it?
    Yes and that's worrying me, it may be an issue if 0.5W is eaten by the lens. I have some so-called "O-Like" lenses from 2010, they worked great with my older A140 445nm diodes, that's why I'm surprised to see so much loss now.

I just received my 462nm's and I must say I really like this blue. The combined white is so much whiter, though I never really noticed before, but side by side the projector with 445nm's white looks shifted to purple. The olive green mix isn't quite as nice imo, and purple is more of a royal purple, magenta losses a bit of the fluorescence it had before, definitely a few nice shades that weren't there before, but a few missing as well. Blue is very blue, no hint of cyan as with 473nm, I really like this blue. And quite noticeably brighter at the same driver current (haven't taken power measurement yet). But many of the default cues look much better than before, colours more accurately represent the preview window.

I like 462nm too, blue and better beam
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

how does this affect the color yellow (yes that was a joke)