Thread: Driver opinion please.

Default Driver opinion please.

Found this analog driver on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Analogue-RGB...item20e480cd47

Is it true analog?

I really need a low budget solution to finish my PJ.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Hard to say as im no electroic wizz. It looks like the driver i have on my "analogo" brick. Than meaning not analog, but rapid on/off on each channel do make the impression of more/less. (Like a printet picture with raster)

As the third picture also states TTL input, its reasons for beeing sceptic. That said, Why two potentiometers for each channel if it is only TTL?

From your other posts I guess the ANALOGO driver is not what you are aming for, so i would stay away.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

I should have looked at the picture better. I didnt notice the TTL connections.

I think I may have to find another hobby, or sell the parts I have and buy a cheap Chinese projector.

Thank you for your time.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

There are a few proven options for drivers selling on this forum. Though a bit more expensive, it's well worth it in the long run to spend a bit more on a quality driver that's proven to be suitable. The dual drivers from Dave and Lasertack are both reported to be great, and the flexmods (when available) work well to if you don't need standby beam suppression.

As for chinese imported drivers, I've never seen a decent analog driver aside from the more expensive brand name options such as laserwave, cni, etc.

It seems for the most part, the non-imported brand name drivers on ebay are higher end stuff and tend to be much more expensive than those selling on the forum anyhow. The only it's worthwhile is maybe if you're in the market for higher current options, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by m0f View Post
    There are a few proven options for drivers selling on this forum. Though a bit more expensive, it's well worth it in the long run to spend a bit more on a quality driver that's proven to be suitable. The dual drivers from Dave and Lasertack are both reported to be great, and the flexmods (when available) work well to if you don't need standby beam suppression.

As for chinese imported drivers, I've never seen a decent analog driver aside from the more expensive brand name options such as laserwave, cni, etc.

It seems for the most part, the non-imported brand name drivers on ebay are higher end stuff and tend to be much more expensive than those selling on the forum anyhow. The only it's worthwhile is maybe if you're in the market for higher current options, etc.
    Thank you for your reply. I know all that. I can get custom made drivers with all the bells and whistles for $25 each from a friend. The issue is I cant afford $75 plus shipping. I'm locked into a financial corner, and it will be a long time till I can get out of it. If I can ever get out of it. I'm at the point to where I can either buy a cheap Chinese analog projector, or buy the rest of the parts I need for my projector. Either case will still take me months. Or I can sell the parts I've bought and get the Chinese projector sooner. I'm trying to hold out for quality, but I'm 14 months into now, and I'm losing faith.

Anyway, its my problem. Thanks again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    ....... I'm trying to hold out for quality, but I'm 14 months into now, and I'm losing faith......
    Hey TJ, hang in there man. I've been 'working' on mine for a long time now and only just found a suitable (but not ideal) enclosure. It will be a few months, if not the winter by the time my build is finished

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Hey TJ, hang in there man. I've been 'working' on mine for a long time now and only just found a suitable (but not ideal) enclosure. It will be a few months, if not the winter by the time my build is finished
    Thanks man. But at least you have one to play with. I'd like to have one to use so I can learn the software. I'd also would like to participate in discussions here, but without the experience of having the projector there is not much I can talk about.

I did just get some good news though. If I read it right, shipping from Golden Start to me is only $7 for the scanners I want. I thought it was $45+.

Happy to hear you may have found an affordable option. I've been working on my projector for about 3 years now, buying parts when I can afford them. I still need to add green and one more red to it but I can say without a doubt that building your own will be much more rewarding in addition to giving you more to talk about on the forum. It does take patience and money but is well worth the experience and knowledge gained. Good luck and happy building!!