Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Holy crap! mirrors on DT40 pros vs CT6215, wow!

This is true....I love the scanners....but losing almost 38% of 475mw of blue is a problem now that I have that power. I have a set of mirrors from a company in Germany I plan to try soon. I guess we need to get a group buy on Cambridge mirrors soon......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Update to this topic:

I had a guy coming over to me to do some power-measuring. My 1W Viasho 532nm still outputs more than 1400mW. That's great!

However, projected using the DT-40's, I got 750mW output. Almost 50% LOSS ON THE DT-40 MIRRORS!!!!!!!!

Hi Jeroen,
    Before I haven't laser power meter.So I can't check the mirrors of reflectivity.Also the mirror of manufacture say :dielectric mirrors
    in any case better than silver mirror.
    So I am not understand what happen with the mirror.

Now I order the singlehanded color mirror(For 532nm only,reflectivity>99%)
    So if you just use 532nm only,send back the scanner to me replace the new 532nm mirror.

If you still want to RGB system.send back the scanner to me replace the
    general dielectric mirrors(For 400nm-700nm).

Now I have the laser power meter on hand,I measure currently mirrors for RGB all >95%.

PS.
    You just pay the shipping cost for send to me.
    Other free

Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    This is true....I love the scanners....but losing almost 38% of 475mw of blue is a problem now that I have that power. I have a set of mirrors from a company in Germany I plan to try soon. I guess we need to get a group buy on Cambridge mirrors soon......

Hi,
    strange

I test the 473nm of reflectivity >95%.

If possible send the scanner to me.

I replace the new mirrors for you.

Jian

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by jian725 View Post
    Hi Jeroen,
    Before I haven't laser power meter.So I can't check the mirrors of reflectivity.Also the mirror of manufacture say :dielectric mirrors
    in any case better than silver mirror.
    So I am not understand what happen with the mirror.

Now I order the singlehanded color mirror(For 532nm only,reflectivity>99%)
    So if you just use 532nm only,send back the scanner to me replace the new 532nm mirror.

If you still want to RGB system.send back the scanner to me replace the
    general dielectric mirrors(For 400nm-700nm).

Now I have the laser power meter on hand,I measure currently mirrors for RGB all >95%.

PS.
    You just pay the shipping cost for send to me.
    Other free

Jian
    Hi Jian,

Thanks for your post and offer. The problem is that I can't just send the scanners, because the system has got to be ready and available for upcoming shows. I'm currently working on the new projector-enclosures and they'll have CT6215 scanners instead of DT-40. I'm happy with the DT-40's, but the 6215 has a much bigger scanangle (with 30K scanspeed) and redundancy is becoming quite important for me (doing more and more shows).

I may build some scanheads with DT-40 for lower power lasers and smaller jobs, without embedded QM2000.NET-system, I'll order some new DT-40 sets when necessary.

Smile

Say Jian;

Is the balance of the mirror on the DT-40's shaft really important? In other words, does it have to be *perfect*? If not, then maybe you could just mail the replacement mirrors to Jeroen and let him glue the mirrors on himself.

I have replaced mirrors on a couple different scanners so far, and I haven't had any trouble afterwards. (I did have to re-tune though.) All it takes is a little epoxy and some patience. I used a soldering iron to loosen and remove the old glue first.

Is there anything special about the DT-40 scanner that would make it a bad idea to install a replacement mirror yourself? Just curious...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Hi Jian,

Thanks for your post and offer. The problem is that I can't just send the scanners, because the system has got to be ready and available for upcoming shows. I'm currently working on the new projector-enclosures and they'll have CT6215 scanners instead of DT-40. I'm happy with the DT-40's, but the 6215 has a much bigger scanangle (with 30K scanspeed) and redundancy is becoming quite important for me (doing more and more shows).

I may build some scanheads with DT-40 for lower power lasers and smaller jobs, without embedded QM2000.NET-system, I'll order some new DT-40 sets when necessary.
    Hi,
    Okay,if you need support write email to me

PS.
    About the mirror,I never want to save the cost to order the cheaper mirror.
    Because we just make a small order from the mirror manufacture.
    So I can't let the manufacture make it absolute perfection.

IF I make a USD10000 order I may say to the manufacture :The mirrors must .......and must ..... if not goods rejected.

Jian

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Say Jian;

Is the balance of the mirror on the DT-40's shaft really important? In other words, does it have to be *perfect*? If not, then maybe you could just mail the replacement mirrors to Jeroen and let him glue the mirrors on himself.

I have replaced mirrors on a couple different scanners so far, and I haven't had any trouble afterwards. (I did have to re-tune though.) All it takes is a little epoxy and some patience. I used a soldering iron to loosen and remove the old glue first.

Is there anything special about the DT-40 scanner that would make it a bad idea to install a replacement mirror yourself? Just curious...

Adam
    Hi Adam,
    Yes,I think.
    If you replace the new mirror by you hand,even though looks balance,probably you get the 90-95% accurate tuning(suppose I tuning it 100% accurate).

But if install the new mirror not balance,would be came into existence more noise.Then large noise quicken up the bearing abrasion.

This is my apprehend.

More about this maybe Bill can explain to distinct
    I also want to clear it.

Hi bill,here need you

Jian

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=yaddatrance;21474]Heh from what I've found tubes are pretty resiliant if you're watching and
    turn it off if the voltages are sane, the magnet is what toasts and those
    aren't too expensive to replace... The only "big" problem is if you run keep

THE PYTHAN SCHEMATIC IS OUT THERE.

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...uts/pythan.pdf

USES A COMMECIAL PHASE CONTROL BOARD TO CONTROL CHARGING ON THE FILTER CAPS.
    The cap charging is controlled to keep the voltage accross the pass elements low.
    As long as you DO NOT put the design into commercial production Craig Nelson probably wont care.

I can also get you schematics for the simple switcher formally used by meditec, if you replace its op-amp pwm with a modern 3525 or similar, it would be a decent supply. It uses a low cost motorola 250 W NPN in arrays.

I have a pile of coherent medical buck boost trannys and passbanks if you want to do it the old way. Only caveat, if you use a SP164/168 style magent, you need a magnet regulator.

I also have a pile of HGM medical switchers, E8s and E10s.

There are options... Steve