Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling: LSX Pro (incl Dongle) + LaserCam + ILD SOS + Etherdream Interface

Default Selling: LSX Pro (incl Dongle) + LaserCam + ILD SOS + Etherdream Interface

Hey everybody,

I going the following licenses/software:
    - LSX Pro including USB dongle
    - Laser Cam Pro
    - ILD SOS
    - Ether Dream Interface (Network ILDA Interface + SD-Card-Player), black case, Powersupply

Bought it all together for $695 from Dr Lava in 2013. All legal.

The only reason I am selling:
    Unfortunantly I do not have the time anymore and I have to give up that hobby. It is a pity.
    The LSX package is absolutly amazing and you can do things you can not do with other similar software.
    The LaserCam thing is very cool too.

The software is licensed under my name and we will get the license transferred to the buyer with the help of Dr Lava for sure.

Please send my a PM with your vote if you are interested. I can ship very fast, so you would not have to wait very long.
    (Shipping from Germany)

PM incoming.....

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Just saying, whoever buys this, that you just need to put the activation.lic file in the LSX Program Files folder after installation. They work on multiple computers, and are tied to the dongle. The name stays though...

Thanks. Useful to know. Which name stays? When licensing software to use in a situation that likely requires formal documentation, it is VITAL that the operator has those documents legally registered in their own name! If this cannot be done the resale value of the software is reduced because of the risk in operating without a clear and direct trail of accountability. If on official request for verification of license Dr Lava as source of the software states that he knows nothing of the person claiming to be using the software legally, or cannot be called upon to make any statement at all, the show operator is vulnerable to claims of malpractise, and possibly a criminal charge. It doesn't matter that this is 'worst case', only that it is possible for any contest of legitimacy to use this weakness against the operator.

Unless I am able to establish a transfer by Dr. Lava of license in my own name, I am not willing to pay a high price for this software. I need to know that he values the software license enough to make this transfer official because if he doesn't, no-one else can be expected to do it. Legally I'm off to a bad start if all I can declare is a license in a name I do not own.

I'm sure that if you send him your hardware code and your own name, he can generate a new file. You need to send the code that pops up when you start the program (after full install) with the dongle inserted but without the activation.lic in place (if you do it the other way, you get your computer code only, which isn't of much use here).

Of course you can use the old license file with the wrong name until the new file arrives.

Automatic licensing should be added to the webshop in the future. Worst case is you'll have to wait until then.

That could work. In PM I mentioned that I'd need the seller to get Dr. Lava to confirm. After all, without that how can Dr. Lava know I didn't buy a hacked copy off a guy down the pub? For a used chess game a simple written receipt would be fine, not so much when licensing stuff designed to control hazardous energy emissions in a public space.

Just for my guidance... I think I understand that order of events to get a code to use the dongle, but can this also be 'node-locked' to a single computer, avoiding the need for the dongle? Ideally I'd like that better so if it ever had to run on a new machine I could get its coding for a move of license. Sometimes dongles are a major inconvenience, and the audio industry has largely rejected them for this reason.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 01-27-2014 at 16:05.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm pretty confident that drlava has transferred licenses for other users.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    That could work. In PM I mentioned that I'd need the seller to get Dr. Lava to confirm. After all, without that how can Dr. Lava know I didn't buy a hacked copy off a guy down the pub? For a used chess game a simple written receipt would be fine, not so much when licensing stuff designed to control hazardous energy emissions in a public space.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i'm pretty confident that drlava has transferred licenses for other users.
    I think so too. What I don't know is what the terms were. It seems like the simplest way to verify a sale safely, and transfer a license, is the original buyer contacts Dr. Lava, then he sends on the original transfer after an initial message saying it's safe to go ahead with the sale. After which the new buyer gets the actual license. If there's better way, I can't think of it.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

agreed. making drlava the middleman seems like a quite reasonable approach.

I think so too. What I don't know is what the terms were. It seems like the simplest way to verify a sale safely, and transfer a license, is the original buyer contacts Dr. Lava, then he sends on the original transfer after an initial message saying it's safe to go ahead with the sale. After which the new buyer gets the actual license. If there's better way, I can't think of it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Just for my guidance... I think I understand that order of events to get a code to use the dongle, but can this also be 'node-locked' to a single computer, avoiding the need for the dongle? Ideally I'd like that better so if it ever had to run on a new machine I could get its coding for a move of license. Sometimes dongles are a major inconvenience, and the audio industry has largely rejected them for this reason.
    Locking to a specific computer surely is possible, but not sure what drlava's policy is with this when the users already have a dongle (as they could sell the dongle while keep on using the program on their own computer). Yes, the dongle is annoying, but if you're anything like me it's continuously attached to the computer, or you could put it on a dedicated USB hub together with the DACs/MIDI/DMX controllers.