Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT 30 Scanner Manual

Default DT 30 Scanner Manual

Hi All
    Anyone got a PDF copy of the Dragon Tiger DT30 manual (in English) they could send me? I've got to tweek my scanners as one is running faster than the other.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

They're the same as the DT40's

I think if you look on page 16 (iirc, or thereabouts) of the 506 scannermax review, Bill posted a pdf with detailed labels for the amps (the picture is of my amp, which is a 'DT30' amp )
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    They're the same as the DT40's

I think if you look on page 16 (iirc, or thereabouts) of the 506 scannermax review, Bill posted a pdf with detailed labels for the amps (the picture is of my amp, which is a 'DT30' amp )
    Thanks for the reply. Here's the thing. The picture in the "506 Driver Mod" document showing a DT30 driver, has 8 pots along the top edge. My driver board has 9 pots (not including the notch filter pots). And I'm worried they may not be in the same location as the ones in the picture.

Has anyone got the manual for the 9 pot version?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

On the 9 pot version, stick to Input offset, input size, Low Frequency Damping. High Frequency Damping, and Servo gain. Moving anything else makes it really interesting fast, trust me!
    I'll scan you something in the morning, but see my pic in the last few pages of the 506 review.
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

As Promised, on a DT clone, see inline pic. Your mileage may very, as there are many cloned amps out there, and no two of them are exactly alike.

OFF = Input Offset
    ISC = Input Scale
    QX1 = Weird Adjustment for position sensor, leave alone!!!
    QX2 = Weird Adjustment for position sensor, leave alone!!!
    HFD = High Frequency Damping
    LFD = Low Frequency Damping
    SVG = Servo Gain aka Servo...
    Linearity = Adjusts differential bias on position sensor, leave alone or very, very, small adjustment based on grid test pattern at wide angles!
    PSC = Position sensor scale. Factory Adjust Only, can easily destroy Galvo if misadjusted. Adjusts automatic gain control on position sensor.

Notes:

1. QX1,QX2, PSC and Linearity controls all interact. They are dynamic, meaning they must be adjusted during scanning or in a test fixture.
    QX1 and QX2 do not exist on the original Cambridge amplifier design. They are used to compensate for variations between components during manufacture.
    Leave QX1 and QX2 alone!!!!

2. Stick to SVG, Servo, LFD and HFD with tuning.

3. Linearity may need to be adjusted half a turn or so, as the very last adjustment, but do not go cranking in the turns.
    Linearity does not affect scan speed, but linearizes the sensor at extreme deflection angles.

4. Position sensor scale must be adjusted in a calibrated angle test fixture with the amplifier output disabled. DO NOT ADJUST PSC!

5. Input offset should NOT be used in the field to add an offset to the image. Its used to zero the amp during manufacturing, to compensate for
    small errors in the op-amps used in the differential receiver.

----MSG ENDS----

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AMP-POTS.png  

Last edited by mixedgas; 06-01-2014 at 06:26.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thanks Everyone.
    Cheers

Colin.

Default 9 pot DT amp Document.

I've turned the above info from Steve (Mixedgas) into a PDF so it can be printed out for use when setting up these things.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DT 9 pot Identification.pdf  

Cheers

Colin.

Hi WolfMax,

Yes, Carl Bowden sent me two pairs of DT40 amps. One pair is different from the others, and has an additional pot.

The additional pot adjusts the cross-over frequency between low frequency damping and high frequency damping. (Cambridge calls this pot "bandwidth", but I think that's not such a good name for it...)

You generally need special equipment (or special techniques which I won't describe here -- not because I am mean, but because it would take a lot of words, and a video would be far better) to adjust. This extra pot lies RIGHT SMACK IN BETWEEN the Low Frequency Damping and High Frequency Damping pots. So it means that if you look at the diagram in my document (linked elsewhere), the pot positions in my picture are exactly the same as the pot positions on your amp. There is just one extra pot in between two that exist in my picture.

Bill

Hi all!!
    Anyone have info about ALL the trimmers on my particular DT40Pro PCB??
    Having send email to Tiger Electronics & jianpeixu@hotmail.com, searching to forums...and unfortunately no luck.
    I would to know function for every trim-pot in order to tune scans, if possible.
    Many thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DT40Pro-2014.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	532.0 KB 
ID:	43526Click image for larger version. 

ID:	43526Click image for larger version. 

ID:	43526

sorry for triplicate pic