Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running Beyond on a Windows 8 Tablet?

Default Anyone running Beyond on a Windows 8 Tablet?

Hi all

Is anyone here running Beyond on a Windows 8 tablet?

I was just thinking of err... 'Investing' in a tablet for running the occasional legacy Windows programme. I went over to Mac's about six months ago and run VMWare Fusion for any Windows programmes I need. However, the thought of having Beyond running on a tablet PC sort of intrigues me.

What do you reckon the minimum spec' would be for this task? Also, cheaper the better in this case

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

no

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lol, trust you Andy. I'm sure there was someone at the last UKLEM that had Beyond on a tablet... Or did I just dream it
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I did download an app for my android tablet so I can use it as a second screen for my laptop. a touchscreen second screen
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Jeremy,

I have it running on the Surface Pros I have. (version 1 and 2). It works fine, no lag or anything. The performance of the Pro 2 is not significantly more than the original Pro, but it has the Haswell chipset, which virtually doubles the battery life for the tablet, given it an almost iPad type of duration.

James
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

Hi Jem, I run on Surface Pro (v1) with no problems - makes a very handy portable controller. If you look through FB archive can probably find a pic I posted year or so ago.

Edit: found it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2935.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	44031
    Last edited by dilbert; 07-18-2014 at 08:40.

Same here with Surface Pro 1, love it for quickshow and beyond

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Oh crap... now I gotta buy something else. I've been thinking about a tablet anyway and this may have just put me over the edge.

Thanks Guys... I knew someone would be along with a sensible answer (sorry Andy )

@Ade. It must have been yours I saw at the LEM

@James. I noticed that about the battery life on the v2

@araugh. Thanks for the confirmation

@Brad... Hehe, you're a hopeless addict, apologies for feeding your addiction lol.