Thread: Heavy Metal band logo files...

Default Heavy Metal band logo files...

Another project I've been working on is displaying some heavy metal related "themes," if you will... A friend of mine who got into laser'ing some time after I did remarked how there really aren't very many heavy metal themed .ild files... SO... That being said, I'm getting ready to put together a mini show of sorts, mainly bands logos (like Pentagram, Nocturnus, Jag Panzer, Amon Amarth, Black Sabbath, more underground names) and maybe some graphic files if I can find some good ones... Any other metal fanatics out there that also dig lasers???

I have recently gotten into Trivium. In fact, they have taken over my playlist! They remind me of a cross between Killswitch and Five Finger Death Punch. Old metal, you can't go wrong with Pantera (RIP D.D.) or Sepultura.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-19-2014 at 00:33.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

i was just listen to the key today

Nocturnus' "The Key?" Damn I haven't listened to that album in awhile... I actually had to do some retouching to the logo to get all the stuff off the letters; their logo is pretty complex for a laser image, but so far what I have looks great...
    And of course all 20k compliant... lol
    Thought maybe I'd throw in some other images too, maybe like a sword, pentagram, anvil, etc... More than just band logos... It'll probably be a long show.

Sweet man... What program are you using to make these??? I try to keep the logos to under 1000 points each; even some logos I've made that get pretty close to 1000 still have some heavy flickering (the Bathory logo I made comes to mind... I try to keep the pixel to point ratio around 7 or 8, because anything greater and they don't give the curves and lines good detail; anything smaller and the point count goes up quite a bit. I WILL run higher p.t.p. ratios (between 10-12) on straight long lines; sometimes that helps compensate for when I have a lot of detail... That BMP2ILD program is great for allowing multiple ptp variances in the same drawing... Still playing around with it and fine tuning it more...Having a 20k set of scanners helps to make optimal quality pics... When I get 40k scanners tho, I will be doing more detailed pictures...

these are some of the same ones but with 350-600 points

obituary 2.ild

unleashed 2.ild

deicide2.ild

Atrocity2.ild

entombed2.ild