Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Lumia Dreams come true...

Default SELLING: Your Lumia Dreams come true...

Hi all

Hehe... Your Lumia Dreams have <possibly> come true...

For a good few months now i've looked at my part built lumia rig sitting on the bench. That's all I do, look at it. I just don't seem to get the time to dedicate to this project any more. Either that, or i've just run out of steam and am dedicating time to other projects.

This is potentially one hell of a rig, it just all needs fixing together and the wiring finishing/tidying up.

So, here's what is included (are you sitting down comfortably?)...

1 x 600mm x 300mm x 20mm Aluminium breadboard

5 x Pangolin V-Rad Actuators. All come mounted on custom machined aluminium angle brackets. Also, all have custom machined mirror mounts.

4 x 12v DC 1rpm motors mounted on custom machined aluminium angle brackets

1 x Dave's Analogue DMX board and interface

1 x Andy_Con (NRG) 1 watt red diode laser module

1 x Ca$io 1 watt blue diode module

1 x 700mW Laserwave DPSS Green Module and controller interface

All above lasers are mounted on to an aluminium heatsink and come with power supplies etc.

1 x Bounce mirror mount

2 x 1" Dirchro Mounts (from Stanwax)

2 x Edmund Optics Dichro's (yes, these are the stupidly expensive really good ones)

6 x Glass Lumia wheels (more if required)

1 x Poly 20 diffraction grating

1 x Soundlab DMX controller

Various front surface mirrors.

All DMX wiring is good to go and works perfectly (thanks to Ade at the last UKLEM). Move a slider on the controller and the V-Rad responds. Loads of other stuff is partly assembled with most of the major components in place. The vast majority of the gear is brand new and even the bits that aren't are in great condition.

There's also multiple bits and bobs such as diffraction gratings/mirrors/mounts/wires/fixings/spacers etc etc etc. Basically you'll get the box with lots of extras not listed containing everything that may be useful for this project.

Now, here's the crunch, and if you've already read this far you'll be ready for this i'm sure. I've just shocked myself when i've done an approximate add up of everything i've spent on this project. It comes to well in excess of £1500 <ouch!>

So, what should I ask for it all as one job lot??? I do not want to split it at this stage, so please don't ask. If I don't get any takers I may just mothball the whole project and come back to it at some future date. But for someone wanting to build themselves a serious Lumia rig this has got to be the mother of all rigs.

I think i'd be open to offers of £1000 for the lot at this stage which i'm sure is a really good deal for someone wanting to build a mega lumia rig without the hassle of sourcing all the parts. If you are seriously interested in this please let me know either here or on Facebook and we can discuss further. Any questions, please ask away and i'll try my best to answer. Anyone who knows me will know that I always want a buyer to be happy with their purchase, and i'm sure you'll be happy with this .

Cheers

Jem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3300.JPG  

IMG_3299.JPG  

Last edited by Jem; 07-20-2014 at 13:46.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem... that's basically a kit of parts!
    Don't give up now; you can have it running for Surfleet (or at Surfleet!)
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Yes, indeed Dan, and lots of parts there are too

There's still a good few hours work though and a lack of inspiration and time on my part. If no-one is interested I guess i'll get around to it eventually though. It seems that as the economy is picking up so is my daily workload, I guess you can't have it both ways.

Hey ho...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If only you weren't across the pond where it's the damn exchange rate and outlandish shipping.... this thread would be closed. You're DONE the time consuming part for me...

jem, bring it to the meet, dump it in the kitchen, put a sign on it saying fix me and come sundays pack away it will be fully up and running
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I may just do that, we'll see...

Jem,

Happy to be the first person to sign up to the "Jem Lumia" project at Surfleet, I will even bring a few glass treats and beam splitters to help the mix.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, if there's no-one interested here i'll probably put everything in a box and bring it along.

Incidentally Steve, when are you travelling down/back?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

After taking far, far longer than it ever should have, (and I'm totally to blame) I am very pleased and proud to say this fine vision of Sir Jeremy is becoming a part of the arsenal that is "Mt. Lasermore". Whisper quiet, top notch lumia goodness is a mere trans-atlantic flight away. (And I even get something from Andy at the same time! )

(I'm a touch bit excited...)

Lol Brad. You're a hopeless case

I'm sure you'll be absolutely delighted with all the goodies you're going to receive. I also look forward to seeing this project come to fruition... and i'll more than likely be a tad jealous when I see it running, but hey ho.

Take care

Jem