Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Four years ago today...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    At my first SELEM during the Thursday night dinner I went around the table and asked everyone how they came up with their screen name. Maybe we should do this every year, it really gives you some insight into the person. Some of the stories are really incredible.

Chris
    Take a wild guess ;D
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    50 quadloos to the first person who makes this into a laser show.

Hysterical!

Quadloos wouldn't be an obscure Futurama reference would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    OMG,OMG Oh shit.... I'm on it. Quickshow here I come! Ripped and loaded into the laptop already.

You beat me to it Brad!
    This needs to be played for the opening ceremony to SELEM 2014. I don't think Adam has seen this thread yet either. LOL

I want a copy when you are finished.
    I'll trade you for a copy of my "The Word F%*K" show.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Take a wild guess ;D
    Pure genius
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 07-23-2014 at 05:17.

Hahahhahhaaaha.... Lovin it

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.. Happy anniversary Brad...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Hysterical!

Quadloos wouldn't be an obscure Futurama reference would it?
    no sir.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Here is what I thought it was. It is referenced under Production about 2/3 of the way down the page. I wonder if they stole it from Star Trek.
    http://theinfosphere.org/Currency

Cool

this Saturday will mark the four year anniversary I registered for my first LEM with some guy on here named buffo.
    If you remember, I *did* warn you to kiss all future hopes of financial solvency goodbye... So I can't really be held responsible for the run-up of your credit card debt to finance your laser collection!

But yeah, it's hard to believe it was such a short time ago, isn't it?

(Still don't know where that screen name originated!)
    Erm - well, maybe I'll save that for the round-table discussion at dinner on Wednesday night, as Chris (LazerJock) suggested. Trust me, it's an interesting story! (Especially if you speek Greek!)

Walking in backstage at 11:30pm on Saturday night to a venue full of fog and a ridiculous amount of computers, strange boxes and miles of wires strewn about, my first thought was, "Oh, this isn't for me. I'll never get to this level."
    And now, other people see your setup and think, "Wow, I'll never get to Brad's level!"

buffo is the world's strongest clown.
    Dude - how the hell do you find stuff like this? That's just, um... Out there. Yeah, really, REALLY out there.

At my first SELEM during the Thursday night dinner I went around the table and asked everyone how they came up with their screen name. Maybe we should do this every year, it really gives you some insight into the person. Some of the stories are really incredible.
    I'm up for it this year if everyone else is. Let's do it.

50 quadloos to the first person who makes this into a laser show.
    Oh man, that's not right...

OMG,OMG Oh shit.... I'm on it. Quickshow here I come! Ripped and loaded into the laptop already.
    Fuck... Are you kidding me? No, you're probably not. Shit.

Hysterical!
    Yeah, a riot for sure...

This needs to be played for the opening ceremony to SELEM 2014.
    Great... My big chance to be immortalized as a semi-retarded, muscle-bound clown.

You guys ain't right! But I do have to admit it's funny as hell.

OK, let's do this. The official "opening laser show" will be set to my would-be theme song. (Sheesh - it's not even by the Blue Man Group...)

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

ROFLOL...

At least I'm fairly confident that you can handle a little good natured teasing but, I agree... swami's the one that had the time to find it so... maybe he DOES need a wife! LOL

(And yes, I "have" started playing around with a show. It's a hard song to come up with anything decent though. LOL) I think your "Aint got time for that" show should play following it... humm?

Wow - I forgot all about the "ain't nobody got time for that" show idea. Damn, if I had more time, I'd do that for sure. Well, I'll try at least...

And yeah, I can take plenty of good-natured teasing. I know where I stand with this group, and razzing is part of the fun. I'm sure we'll all have a good laugh at the "buffo the clown" show!

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ROFLOL...

At least I'm fairly confident that you can handle a little good natured teasing but, I agree... swami's the one that had the time to find it so... maybe he DOES need a wife! LOL

(And yes, I "have" started playing around with a show. It's a hard song to come up with anything decent though. LOL) I think your "Aint got time for that" show should play following it... humm?
    it was the first google hit. not much of a time sink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffo.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	44115
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.