Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 520nm full diode laser

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Looks great! (nice 'RGB-engine', for integration into Beam-table + Scan-set PJs..) Some reason the Price has to be 'PM'd? Not too keen on such practices..

..Also.. this is 'ABLE', yes? Just curious..

thx..
    j
    Yeah,this is Able laser.Because the price of dealer and the final consumer is difference. and Prices vary due to various factors
    It is also some kind of Chinese way....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Hi David.
    You posted into the right section of Forum ("Buy/Sell/Trade").
    This should means that you would like to sell it, correct?
    So... Why you don't write what its price is?
    After all, seems to be a nice projector

p.s.

Pictures you've posted here are the same you've posted into Facebook pages..... so...why so great mystery?
    It is the same one we posted in Facebook,you had saw it ? if you are interested ,can ask us on Facebook or send email to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    Pm me price please
    guess you have got the price and other info

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Here is my guess on price

Diodes: 600 green, 50 blue, 100 red
    Drivers: 100
    Scanners: 500
    Case: 150
    Supplies:50

total 1550.00 *2 for profit=$3100.00 USD
    you build it by yourself right?this is Arctos diode ,even it is other diode ,money to pay for diode and DT40pro scanner,plus other material cost,do you think the price you guess is enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    I have purchased a few projectors from Able. They have been reasonably priced, Varianced, very well built and their customer service has been great for me. As far as I am concerned I highly recommend them.
    Thanks for saying so ,Able really appreciate that,we always do best to meet clients' requirement.
    May I know your name than I know who you are ? because we have many client in USA. you can PM me or send me a email if it is not convenient to post your name here

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    People that are seriously interested in buying a good projector will take the effort in contacting the supplier, the rest is only interested when the mw/euro/usd or other currency is low enough. Quallity, long lifetime, service no one cares here.......

In the low end market where people do things as a "hobby" people want to have things dirt cheap since there is no income to finance the equipment that you have. The guys that are really concidering buying something will contact you since they probably have a gig that is payed a good value of money.

Great to see your going 520nm by the way........

Kecked , don,t forget labour costs, i don,t think the factory worker is payed with rice
    yeah,someone seriously interested in buying will take the effort in contacting the supplier,I agree ,for the rest ,I think it is just the exchange of information.
    we got some orders of 520nm ,and be about to ship to our customer

I did I doubled the cost of the parts.

Look just post the cost. I'm trying to goat you into doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I doubled the cost of the parts..
    Ahem..you'd need to double your doubled-guess, m8.. and still add a good few bux, there.. O_O Remember, these are made with Arcto$ diodes.. But, they look to be a well-made 'engine'..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

What is the big deal with these manufacturer's diode modules? The diodes are cheap (relatively), as are the optics. This is not even like assembling a DPSS head or god forbid an ion. They may incorporate better drivers than the typical amateur build, but I'll bet not better than something from Wavelength Electronics or AMS.

I also don't like the 520 diodes as much as the 532 DPSS lasers for the color. I understand the modulation issue, but the color is less pleasing to my eye. I think it may be the differential gap between the red and green and blue. With a typical red being 640nm and the typical blue being 445nm, the 1/2 way point is at 540nm. That's why I believe the 520nm diodes seem to hollow out the yellow and orange shades.

I like the color of 520 myself. The "gold standard" of green (as you know) for a very long time was 514 with red at 647. Most people still consider ArKr to be the cadillac of white. Then again, blue was 488 and Kr did bring some nice yellow to the table. I am guessing we are not going to see good CRI from diode projectors until an affordable 560+ hits the field. For me, what kills most modern projectors is 445. I hate that color in the RGB color scheme. I am anxious to give the 462's a whirl. I'm just waiting (probably wasting my time) for the single mode 462's to be mass produced. 1+ watts is overkill for my projector needs and multi-mode is always ewww.

I am with you on the modules though. They are all using the same diodes and optics that we have access to. Perhaps they are building better optical trains than other companies but they are still very expensive. The only laser I know of that is produced by a laser company is KVANT's DPSS red.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-25-2014 at 16:44.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

the benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom.