Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 520nm full diode laser

Yes, this is what my wife says to me each morning as we tend to the orchids.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Yes, this is what my wife says to me each morning as we tend to the orchids.
    This may have just been a snarky reply but, I'll ask the question... do you two raise orchids? I was heavily involved in orchids in pre-laser days. I've still got a green house out back and had about 600 plants at one point. I was the newsletter editor for my local orchid society, etc...

No we don't. But, the thought of a green house is appealing. We have thought a lot about building one to pass through the seemingly endless winter months. We do have pretty extensive gardens and my wife is into those weird "you can't find them" native plants, so continuing this through the winter would be fun.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Cool! That's actually what sort of got me started in plants. The guy I sublet a garage apartment from several years ago worked for a nursery and primarily worked with those weird specialty plants and had a number of them growing around the property. When he moved out, I took over the lease for the house and maintained them as well as went crazy trying a big vegetable garden, bulbs, annuals, a perenial garden and finally stumbled upon orchids and move on to them exclusively. (I thought it might be a good way to meet women. Alas... they all turned out to be geriatric!)

(I thought it might be a good way to meet women. Alas... they all turned out to be geriatric!)
    Ya, I bet. That's what inspired my post. I would have expected to meet quirky privet eyes, elves and evil masterminds. No offense.

Hi Adam, can pm a full price list as well. Thanks

If you want,I also can PM to you

Yes please, sorry I think I addressed the wrong person, my appologies

it is ok,no need to say sorry.have PM the price to you ....

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment View Post
    yeah,someone seriously interested in buying will take the effort in contacting the supplier,I agree ,for the rest ,I think it is just the exchange of information.
    we got some orders of 520nm ,and be about to ship to our customer
    TBH I'm not in the market atm in any event, but just for reference, I won't deal with any company that won't openly post their prices. Web pages that say contact us for a price I simply click off.

What that says to me is the company has something to hide ie usually they're selling the same product as can be obtained elsewhere for a lower price. As you're the manufacturer, that may not be the case here, although there's always the possibility that a reseller is undercutting the factory retail price. However either way, it stops comparison and that makes it a shady practice in my book and one I'd like to see outlawed in the UK at least.

I know Edison makes a point about quality vs price, but at the end of the day, people are always going to make a choice between price and quality, you don't see Kvant hiding their prices and yet Kvant aren't going out of business because people are buying cheaper lasers because people know Kvant are quality, and make that choice between buying Kvant or buying cheap.

If Able are doing a special price, they should simply say that in their advert so their dealers know this is a limited time offer and not an attempt to cut them out of the market. But hiding the price is a no, no in my book and won't earn you any orders from me....