Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 520nm full diode laser

What that says to me is the company has something to hide ie usually they're selling the same product as can be obtained elsewhere for a lower price. As you're the manufacturer, that may not be the case here, although there's always the possibility that a reseller is undercutting the factory retail price. However either way, it stops comparison and that makes it a shady practice in my book and one I'd like to see outlawed in the UK at least.
    I am strongly opposed to more laws that seem to address a problem, but restrict the free market. Especially when the assumption is that the "government" is more ethical or even more responsive to the public.

Last year, I tried to help the community by providing a North American distributorship for a well known CN laser manufacturer. What I discovered was that they were selling the wholesale product at significantly different prices to different distributors. This made it impossible to resell the product AT COST for as low a price as the other well known CN distributor was able to RETAIL the product for. Nevertheless, there should not be any law preventing this other than the law of common sense. Maybe the decision to have distributors and support them is not necessarily a good one now that the globe is so inter-connected. I recently bought some pretty sophisticated meta-materials from a manufacturer in CN and my son purchased a radio amplifier from the builder in Denmark. These items are not, to the best of my knowledge, even made in the US or if they are, they certainly are not easily found.

the benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Kvant is showing retailprices but no one is paying that since we all know that when you contact them you get a dealerprice. In other words they screw their dealer.
    Sorry Edison, but this is not true.
    We support all our exclusive dealers fully to make sure our customers get good support all over the world if they need to.

There's a dealer and DEALER. One who pretends to be a dealer and want's to just kit himself up and then the others who believe in KVANT and become real dealer. And as with anything in this world it always involves quite a bit of work.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

"All hiding prices does is drive a certain percentage of customers away straight away"

AKA ... ME , i dont have time or energy to wait on replied PMs i want to make a decision , if its going to take multiple
    emails SELLING the product to me i aint interested
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

just so everyone stops complaining, the laser is in the ballpark of $7,000 USD. Ill let them give you the exact number.

IF you were interested you would contact them. Obviously if don't contact them, you're not very interested.

Probably 3/4 of the people that contact them wont even buy the laser, and will be wasting THEIR time.

Everyone needs to lighten up.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

JD3,
    Thanks. That IS expensive. Now I see why they don't advertise the price. I can understand limiting pricing information to "contact us" for custom equipment because there are too many possible combinations to list. This may be the case here, but if the only available choices are DT scanners or Cambridge or, I suppose now, 506 scanners then I suspect the reason not to publicize is that this price will turn off many customers who will then opt for the CN manufactured projector.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    JD3,
    Thanks. That IS expensive. Now I see why they don't advertise the price. I can understand limiting pricing information to "contact us" for custom equipment because there are too many possible combinations to list. This may be the case here, but if the only available choices are DT scanners or Cambridge or, I suppose now, 506 scanners then I suspect the reason not to publicize is that this price will turn off many customers who will then opt for the CN manufactured projector.
    No problem Planters,
    It is a bit on the high end, but from what they tell me all the diodes are sourced from Arctos($$).
    Also the diodes are assembled into a sealed single "white light" Module within the unit. Not individually laid out on the optical deck.
    You have the choice of Dt40pros or EMS8000 Scanners.

Most people will see this price with 4watts next to it and move right along. Contacting them will allow them the opportunity to justify the price tag.

You also get a very nice flight case with their lasers. I have three of them and love them.
    Very reliable, clean and easy layout to navigate, sealed optical deck with fans below the deck.

Customer service is spot on with Able, if you have any issues or questions they are VERY quick to respond an resolve the problem right away.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I can't agree more. I myself is also confused very much about today's many dealers here and there, for some even famous manufacturers.

A well organized pricing structure and policy show the seriousness of a manufacturer. This is like saying: we are serious about our product and we care about after service. It also tells dealers: we are doing business seriously and let's grow together.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    The biggest problem is that the manufactures in lasershowbussiness don,t stick to an exclusive dealer policy and retail prices.

Any person can buy directly from a manufacturer and they get the same price as a dealer. Try buying a battery drill directly from makita, that won,t work since they forward your request to the nearest local dealer. Kvant is showing retailprices but no one is paying that since we all know that when you contact them you get a dealerprice. In other words they screw their dealer. Retailprices are not the real prices that they are selling their modules and projectors for and we all know that.

To attract people that are serious in buying a system instead buying it only when its dirt cheap Able never advertise and i totally agree with that. If your seriously looking at this moment and comparing systems contacting them and request for more info is the way to go. The biggest mistake in laserbussiness is having no exclusive local dealers. Sure the system you buy will be more expencive but you get something back and that is service and warrenty locally so you don,t need to ship it back to china. You can also borrow a system during the time the other one is in repair. That is how it should be but unfurtunally we can,t go back in time. Unless the whole laserbussiness is changing in one strike to have dealers it will stay like it is. Companies like OPT are selling the cheapest systems at the lowest quallity and that is what all others are up against. They don,t have dealers other then a few people reselling their stuff with no warrenty and no service. Its ridiculeus that someone that buys a projector has to send it back all the way to china or have to do the repair himself while its a few months old. But then again everyone wants spend as little as possible as the low end market does only things for a "hobby". That approach is a dead end road. Unless people start to see things as a bussiness nothing will change. There is no money to spend because not enough money is coming in. Building yourself has also gone dead since Companies like OPT do things so cheap that its not worth doing it yourself. Well it is worth it since you end up with a better beamquallity if you buy good quality modules but the majority doesn,t even know what differgence is. This is not adressed to the people on PL here but the average schoolguy that see,s a local lasershow and want to buy a system the next morning. He googles and find laserworld and because it looks good and is low priced. He is smart and contacts laserworld directly to pass the dealer and so paying less. He decides to buy 2 and laserworld asks if he wants to be a dealer and that is why you see so many dealers. Dealerships and retailprices what a joke

I doubt that.

I am in China, probably the most demanding market currently and I witnessed many things about Kvant selling activities in here. Some other brands as well. In fact, there are only few companies who have clear, reasonable retail structures in this industry.

For hobbist it is great being able to get a dealer-level price even in the first trade with an manufacture, but this is nightmare for the people who do this business for living. We cannot conclude same things while we watch from different angle, can we?

The laser show application is such a small and insignificant industry that it is like a dark corner where people don't hesitate so much to make mess and disobey rules...

The laser show application is such a small industry that it is like a dark corner where people don't hesitate so much to make mess and disobey rules..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    Sorry Edison, but this is not true.
    We support all our exclusive dealers fully to make sure our customers get good support all over the world if they need to.

There's a dealer and DEALER. One who pretends to be a dealer and want's to just kit himself up and then the others who believe in KVANT and become real dealer. And as with anything in this world it always involves quite a bit of work.