Thread: Hey... SELEM attendees!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Hey... SELEM attendees!

Will anyone have their little rigs with the DTR 3 single mode diodes at SELEM? I've wanted to click "buy" on several occasions and haven't yet. I'd really like to see in person what the fuss is about with single mode versus multi mode diodes.

I have very little experience with working with diodes so that's part of the reason for my hesitancy in the past. I didn't want them to just sit in a package until God knows when like a lot of other parts.

Thx!

Should we also start an equipment thread to make sure we're not duplicating a lot of packing? Like for example, will anyone be bringing an HD24 so I know if I pull it out of the rack and bring mine or not? I may have to anyway if we're going to convert some stuff to wav's. I know DZ will have a Layla so, I wasn't planning on packing mine.

I will have mine. The construction is not the greatest in the world but it gets the job done.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Cool! I'm not concerned about construction... mine won't be great either probably... just the output on the wall.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 07-30-2014 at 16:41.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i haven't figured out a good way to travel with mine. the output is low power, it's perfect for living rooms and show programming.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I won't have mine finished by then. :-( But, I have the diodes. I could bring the diodes if you just wanted to see what the beams looked like. Of course, I may not have drivers by then either... working on it, slowly. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I will have mine. The construction is not the greatest in the world but it gets the job done.
    Ah, well, that will do the job then! I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in person too. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I may not have drivers by then either..
    Be sure to speak with Adam Raugh from X-laser while you are at SELEM. He should have some very interesting news regarding drivers. (Shhh... Details to follow at SELEM!)

Adam