Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ion lasers selem 2014

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Ion lasers selem 2014

Please let me know if your bringing a given model of Ion Laser to Selem, so that I may bring/send the correct spares, schematics, and optics. It was embarrassing last year to show up thinking I had none to work on and being short of a blocking diode, on a otherwise easy fix.

If it has a known issue, please let me know what the fault is. State gas and optics installed. If a hybrid multi-manufactured kludge or non-standard PSU, state arrangement.

Its looking like I can go, 90% chance of my being there.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-31-2014 at 20:48.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Great news Steve!

I'll have a pair of HGM-20's with me. Tubes are good, but the original HGM-20 power supply has a fault in the electronics. Would like to bypass all the dosage crap and try to run it in field-test mode (using the jumper on the ribbon connector) but I don't have the pinout details to do it. (The other one has already been converted to run on a Lexel 95 PSU, and even though the original Lexel supply I got from you is dead, I have a spare now that works.)

DZ will be bringing that Coherent Skylight 70 with him that you were interested in. We might even be able to test-fire it using the power supply for the Coherent Starlight that we use in the auditorium...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Great news Steve!

I'll have a pair of HGM-20's with me. Tubes are good, but the original HGM-20 power supply has a fault in the electronics. Would like to bypass all the dosage crap and try to run it in field-test mode (using the jumper on the ribbon connector) but I don't have the pinout details to do it. (The other one has already been converted to run on a Lexel 95 PSU, and even though the original Lexel supply I got from you is dead, I have a spare now that works.)

DZ will be bringing that Coherent Skylight 70 with him that you were interested in. We might even be able to test-fire it using the power supply for the Coherent Starlight that we use in the auditorium...

Adam
    I'm only interested in the Skylight if it has a certain specialized magnet that works with a certain PSU. I'll explain in a PM. I'll bring the Lexel parts kit and the alignment set. If I can find the HGM E20 schematic, you got it. Its around here some where.

Steve

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'm only interested in the Skylight if it has a certain specialized magnet that works with a certain PSU.
    OK - I guess you'll need to see it in person then. But DZ is renting a mini-van, so he's going to bring a whole bunch of stuff, including the Skylight. If it's not the specific type you're looking for, I'm sure someone will be interested in it.

But you get first dibs.

I'll bring the Lexel parts kit and the alignment set.
    Sweet! I'll bring the dead PSU as well then. (Dang - I might need to rent a U-haul trailer...)

If I can find the HGM E20 schematic, you got it. Its around here some where.
    That would be awesome!

Adam

hey steve

if you have any info on the 920 coherent medical table units. that would be great. got a few ar kr pair. will pm you the models etc
    just off a 2000 mile run.

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    hey steve

if you have any info on the 920 coherent medical table units. that would be great. got a few ar kr pair. will pm you the models etc
    just off a 2000 mile run.
    I have the full service manual for most of them. The core of the PSU was designed by the same guy(s) that did the Lexel supply.
    Not always easy to diagnose as a Lexel as the control card is very different.
    They have a service mode switch that goes a long way to causing happiness.

Don't bring me Argon pumped 9XX dyes, unless you bring me new shoes and pants... No way to get that dye out of the system without wearing PPE. Makes most floor materials, especially lino tile and concrete, very much orange or purple. I've scrapped enough of them to know.

Steve

No worries Steve. I'm pretty sure none of the units Jeff has have ever been hooked up to a dye pack.

Adam

Adam is correct no die dye
    thanks Jeff

I have no ions, but would love to see them in action and observe their guts being worked on. Are there spectators allowed in the ion work room? Do we need to bring our own goggles? If so, which are recommended?

yes and yes. just watch where you walk DZ may be on the floor with a 5 foot He Ne haha
    Are there spectators allowed in the ion work room? Do we need to bring our own goggles? If so, which are recommended?