Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pulsed Lasers AT Selem 2014

Biggest problem is that if it's one of the older units from the 1980's, the parts don't cross over to the newer models.

Alex, do you have any more information on the unit near you? I looked on e-bay, but couldn't find a listing for $200.

Adam

i've created a monster
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I'm one of those "dabblers". The Laserscope I just bought for $500 in San Jose was drained and loaded on its side on a skid into the back of a rented regular sized SUV with a forklift and extended forks. Filled it up! Pulled it out the same way at work where it remains. I want to remove the 532 fiber launcher, and run the beam through the air and into a dramatic dump. Might enclose it in a clear tube. Just want a monster beam to display at home. But despite working with such things for a long time, I'm going to take my time bringing this one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    i've created a monster..
    ..Wasn't that yer 'original Avatar'? It was only missing dual 532-beams coming from its' eyes.. ya know, like...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellie_n_Dash_532.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	44314 ..Hope the Pups are doin' well..

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I'm one of those "dabblers".
    ..Ya, but yer one of those 'dabblers' with a serious-Clue.. I'll be more than happy to help.. (..IF even-needed..

...Just want a monster beam to display at home.
    ..Wouldn't it be a riot to rig-up a (*safe*, of course.. 'turret-mounted / mini-gun-style' head, up on yer roof similar to what Gary Yayas was suggesting over in the other thread, there, that had IR-camera / motor-tracking of any 'intruders' on yer property, and, via an array of pre-positioned bounce-points, you would - complete with 'Star Trek phaser-sounds' on yard-mounted speaker-pods .....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS40_Outdoors_2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	44315..'FWAP!!' ..snap a monster-beam, right next the perp, and video the invariable 'Holy SHII..!!' reaction / pants-full-of-crap fleeing the scene.. Something like the 'LFI-style 1" beam', w/ tight-collimation would prolly do the trick.. more 'visual-irradiance', close-up, vs a super-tight beam..

..See? I'm not a total 'safety-nanny'.. Have fun..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm one of those "dabblers". The Laserscope I just bought for $500 in San Jose was drained and loaded on its side on a skid into the back of a rented regular sized SUV with a forklift and extended forks. Filled it up! Pulled it out the same way at work where it remains. I want to remove the 532 fiber launcher, and run the beam through the air and into a dramatic dump. Might enclose it in a clear tube. Just want a monster beam to display at home. But despite working with such things for a long time, I'm going to take my time bringing this one on.
    Team up with Agent K across town, he has three now. One is on line and I'm working on parts for the other two. He has the "run-up" box you need to see. As well as the "corrected" schematic. We know where to place the collimating lens for scan heads, too. We also now know more then we ever wanted to know about adding small fiber feeds to Lscopes.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...