Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone who can create a basic light show for us

I see that Mixedgas have jumped in here, and then you are in good hands. If anyone can get the best out of your projector, i beleive his files/work passes as the best there is.

I was going to do your logo, but as i can se Mixedgas is going to draw by hand, and that will be top notch compared to my bmptoilda conversion with the following touchup. As he already have produced the textfiles for you, I really don`t see the reason to continue.

I only hope this also awakens the interest for lasers in you, and that you are to find in the forum in the future also.

Best of luck with your project. Please post some pictures of the result when you are done.

Datsurb
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The day I let my work pass as "The best there is, is the day I should find another line of work". Thanks for the undeserved complement, but you should bid against me for the logo. Competition is good for the Soul.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for this, I will have a go at the files over the weekend
    My background is in IT which is why this stuff is kinda irritating, I have worked with more obscure ways to do things however ilda files seem to be up there. I thought it would be more straightforward (and probably is once you understand what's going on)

so just to clarify - if I simply put the files and playlist file on the SD card there is no need to use the external DAC/controller ? (or will I get better results if I do?)

I was hoping to not have to have the laptop attached to the device when it was playing outside

Basically the internal microcontroller used can barely support the SD file system. It has almost no RAM. So things are crude and timing is pushed to the limit. You can get by without the external controller if those files work. Your using the 1990s file format, not the modern ILDA file. Simply because that fit best in the onboard micro's limited capability. It is not the file format's fault, its the implementation on the micro.

Try with the SD card, at some point you may be looking at a third party external controller. The ILDA Standardized cable from the controller to the projector can be 100-200 feet if done correctly. However you probably don't need to consider that yet.

You may find the beginnings and middle of this long thread interesting, it may give you further insight into the simple scheme used, even if the internal controller boards are different.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...from-Spencer-s

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-07-2014 at 20:22.

Hi Guys,

I have been spending some time on this with the following results

AFF1-APL.ild - No output
    AFF1-BLOCK.ild - no output
    AFF1-SEGO.ild - no output
    AFF1-VERD.ild - no output
    MartianDemoA.ild- no output
    MartianDemoB.ild - no output and caused laser to hang requiring power reset, tested a couple of times to ensure consistency
    MartianDemo-VERDlarge.ild - no output

playing around with the demo ilda files that came with the laser it appears a lot of these use multiple colours so the laser either displays nothing or just the blue bits (remember is a blue only laser). If I play some of these files in the software that came with the laser they show up in multiple colours

trying to display the files supplied in this software results in the same outcome- they cannot be displayed

perhaps they are in a new format and my laser with its 1947 processor cannot handle them ??

just for clarity all files were renamed with short 8.3 compliant names so its not a filename length issue

the attached file is on that plays in colour in the editing tool however I only see the blue bits when played by the laser
    Attached Files Attached Files

quick update, have found the drivers for the DAC, using Ishow the files that would not play before in the software are no legible however the laser output appears to just point at the floor and give a blurry blob rather than pointing at the wall, almost like its lost is X,Y settings

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I have a case of mosquito-induced insomnia, so I looked into this.

All these files appear to be Ilda format version 0 without a palette included, so I can't find a difference between Steve's files and the SWIRL.ILD you posted. Unless it has something to do with wrong colour index. However, the file that crashed your system (MartianDemoB.ild) has a palette included which is composed of the colours black-black-white-black, which probably explains the crash.

I made this file blue, does it work now?

swirl_blue.ild

Swirl ILDA is a 144 frame multicolor animation that is probably ripped from a Pangolin demo folder. It is type zero ILD.
    Attached is a single frame white square in type 0 and a single frame blue square in type zero. These are still frames, not animations.

Swirl-Blue opened for me in both Anarchy and ZILDA.

The letters CMYRGB should let you see what is displaying.

I think you should download "Zilda."
    It opens ILDA files for viewing.

http://code.google.com/p/zilda/

Methinks you have a RGB controller and some one was too cheap to hook up R and G outputs to The B output Line via 75 cent diodes so all colors work!

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SWIRLILD.png  

CMYRGB.png  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-10-2014 at 11:19.

Quote "MartianDemoB.ild - no output and caused laser to hang requiring power reset, tested a couple of times to ensure consistency"

Ok, this tells us you cannot load "Type One" ILDA files, as expected.

I found a demo copy of Anarchy on line, it wont save but it should let you view types 0,1, but not 4 and 5.

http://www.internatlaser.com/Downloads/Anarchy.zip

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-10-2014 at 11:01.

I'm wondering if you can only load a modified type Zero, something created by their processing software.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BLUSQUARE.png  

Last edited by mixedgas; 08-10-2014 at 11:08.