Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Looking for someone who can create a basic light show for us

Quote Originally Posted by egghead27 View Post
    to me it looks a bit better around the nose

video is here http://youtu.be/ZrQt1loOeVY

should be online in about 10 minutes

re fee I am happy to pay something reasonable however we don't have a huge budget and just want some text and maybe or logo if its not to challenging, send me a PM with what you think is reasonable. We can also skip the logo as I dont expect the display to last before someone complains to someone about something

I dont have a controller for spaghetti, only the ishow one and when I try and use that the shows play stupidly slow so I threw it in the to hard basket for the moment

although the stuff I am doing in spaghetti seems to display OK on the screen its shows very slowly on the projector, I suspect its either the projector is used to working faster or its the wide horizontal scan its struggling with
    That's looking much better! I think a value of -6 might even make it better but this will do.
    Regarding budget I dont list prices online and publicly because prices really fluctuate in content.

However my rates are very attractive and very likely lower then you'd be assuming right now.
    I work with fixed prices because most clients *including myself even* like to know what they'd be paying so give me a moment to think of a reasonable price here.

Hi Guys,

It looks likes we have agreed to a price with masterpj and have got the basic laser bits functioning correctly

I would like to thank all who had input to this thread as I have learnt a heap in a very short time

For future reference and anyone who follows this thread and is a complete learner with cheap chinese made lasers the key things for me were

1) There is no need to use the DAC to make the laser work, when I used it the output was even worse as it was incredibly slow to draw, this is probably operator error. Just use the sdcard supplied and transfer from laser to PC as required to update files
    2) The ishow and laser show software will do your head in, think seriously about some better software
    3) pay attention to the X Y settings, on my device I had an option to set these and needed the Y axis to have the arrow at the top and X axis have the arrow to the left. failure to this results in inverted output and random squiggles
    4) ignore requirements for XP, this is only applicable if you use the DAC, if you are just writing to the SDcard you can use whatever OS your application supports
    5) if your laser is like mine to prevent the laser locking up in programme show mode mode_p instead of mode_i make sure there is a valid .prg file in the directory otherwise you have to keep hard resetting the thing as it doesnt cope with a directory with no prg file in it. refer to earlier in the thread for the required format
    6) it seems challenging to create ilda files on the cheap. I tried spaghetti and the size of ilda files was roughly 10 times the size of the sample files for similar output. They also didnt play particularly well. I assume this is less of an issue if you have the laser connected to a DAC however I didn't have a great experience with my one. I suspect this is because the export function goes frame by frame rather than optimising it. I will continue to work on this
    7) Ask questions, no matter how stupid sounding, the guys here have been very helpful.

Hi Everyone,

It seems we cannot get delivered what was asked for in a timely fashion, is there anyone else interested in the work ?

I need the work done reasonably quickly (less than a week) and am happy to pay

Regards

Kurt