Thread: FB3SE standalone geometric correction? vs qm2000net/LD2000?

Default FB3SE standalone geometric correction? vs qm2000net/LD2000?

1: I have a client that wants an outdoor loop show set on power timer or triggered(Japanese coders and engineers working on it), they prefer ilda over ethernet for remote computer, I am considering STANDALONE FB3 SE with ilda/pango format loaded on sd card from LasershowConvertor Flash or beyond,

or run ethernet thru qm2000net and LD2000 (does qmnet work with beyond?) from remote computer.

I will be working with them to convert content and want best results I figured LCFlash may be best for FLV mov from them. or can beyond do something similar?

bearing in mind can FB3SE standalone offer geometric correction?I think not but cant test as my 5volt jumpers are soldiered on my FB3SEs...

.... if not im still leaning towards doing an edit of the 3min animation loop and geometric correcting it then loading it onto the fb3 and triggering thru power from laser on.

2: Is Lasershow convertor FLASH compatible with beyond, and/or can it work in standalone mode to output ilda format?

any thoughts?

Dan

Set the geomtric correction the way you need it and than upload your cues. The cues will be stored with the geometric correction.
    You can send any of your cues to any of the 4 zones and set each zone differently.
    Remember that the SD card capacity is ilmited.
    I allways had a problem exporting animations from Showtime. The speed was not right. I had to double the time in Showtime and play with the speed in LiveQuick.
    If you need only one show to standalone and run forever the FB3 is good.
    QM and LD or Beyond will give you more options and control.

yes i had same problem with speed and showtime/liveq upload, thanks for reminding me,,... i think im gonna push for beyond/2xfb3 and ilda cable to lasers, or stanwax ilda to cat ... the lasers are 10m up a pole outside... not good for uploading 2 fb3 and messing with correction and rediting using a scissor lift.

Even if you're using the FB3 standalone, why mount them up the pole in the first place, unless for security?
    Hint, solder a pin header on the fb3 5v bridge holes. You can add or remove a jumper then to switch between USB and external power
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.