Thread: I`m just wondering

Default I`m just wondering

I stubeled upon Eurolite software and DAK for lasers. Does anyone know if this is a newly developed software/hardware, or have it been around for a while?

My guess is that it is a OEM of some sort.

http://www.novasystemstore.com/shop/...interface.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eurolite-he-laser-software-w-interface.jpg.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	44246
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This may mean something or it may mean nothing. I have a copy of Laserworld's Showeditor software and corresponding DAC. The software ALSO goes by the name of "HE Laserscan's Showeditor". The design and apparent size of the DAC compared to your picture look identical.

When it clicked on your link, it appears the price for this was 19 euro? Or is that 1900 euro? If it's 19, I will definately buy one to test it out with the Showeditor program as I'd really like a second DAC to experiement with as well as a back up. At 1900 that's nearly the price of a Pro level version of Pangolin's LD2000 or Beyond once the excahnge rate is factored in, which is a hell of a lot of money for an unknown product.

It's showing 419 Euro for me. They use a comma instead of a period to separate the cents.

It is 419,- Euro.

So I guess this is a OEM product.

Brad: Compared to QS, what is your thoughts about it?

Just got to love lasers!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

No question Quickshow is better. Now... part of that is the software I have is in German so, I pretty much have to guess at everything anyway. It's very strange in the way it opens up. It sort of opens with several different windows on the screen much like Pangolin's Showtime with LD2000. Some are minimized right from the start. It's not as slick as a windows application and has a bit of a reminicent DOS based feel. I don't mean with command lines but the graphics are just sort of rudimentary and not as polished as a windows app. The windows that open up are things like "frames", "DMX", a drawing editor and when you click on "open show", or "new show" it opens a timeline very vaguely LSX like.

There must be a large installed user base though as there is a forum not unlike here but with a download section and there are easily 140-150 shared shows available that are shared much like Pangolin's showspace. The shows are pretty decent although there is a heavy use by users of beams, versus waves, sheets, boxes and cones. My copy of the software is the 2009 version but, the most recent update (available for free) is Showeditor 2011. I have the Laserworld version which is basically just a rebranded HE-Laserscan. The DAC's for each program "look" the same but are incompatible. Another words, using the Showeditor DAC, plugged in to your computer won't aloow you to use HE-Laserscan's software and vice versa.

I think I paid about the same amount as a typical Quickshow package - maybe $600-$700 and I don't regret it at all because of the amount of available shows. 140-150 new beam shows, of which about 120 are decent for $600-$700 was worth it to me.

419 euro for me is about $561US right now so it puts the price of this squarely in the ballpark of Quickshow. I'd be curious to see the support forums and available content for it.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-06-2014 at 03:37.

Thanks for you post. I see that Eurolite are refering to 150 downloadable shows. (Often awardwinning :-) ) at theyr own homepage.

I actually was hoping this would be a Riya DAC or compatible of some sort. But it seems that is not the case. It can not be that widely used, since I am not able to find anything on PL. Most of the producers of laserrelated show equipment are to be found in here, and described somewhat in detail.

I will stay away from this one then.

Just got to love lasers!