Thread: Picture time!! The inside of the S-W600A

Default Picture time!! The inside of the S-W600A

Now, folks 'round heah have been asking to see the inside of that wonderful Goldenstar Projector I obtained quite some time ago...

Still have a phobia about dissecting it completely, BUT...

The front cover contains a plethora of screws (okay, about 6) so I thought, pull the front cover off and snap a few piccies....

Hopefully this gives some an idea about how this thing looks... The other reason I'm posting up pics, as many of you know I'm getting ready to try to start to prepare to hopefully attempt to swap out the scanners from the 20k over to a 40k set that will probably also facilitate the need to replace the power supply/cord/module/whatever...

SO... Hopefully those "in the know" (Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Buffo!!) can clue me in on some things about this laser that I might not be aware of from looking at these photos... Enjoy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside Goldenstar 1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	425.8 KB 
ID:	44292 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside Goldenstar 2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	429.3 KB 
ID:	44293 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside Goldenstar 3.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	44294

Hopefully that gives you three different "angles" inside this small but spacious "space..."

Whew! After all that mess, I think I need a good, stiff drink...

Name:	Ice Cold Whiskey Machine 1950's.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	44295

Looks fine. I don't see the psu for the scanner amps, but if it's only a 15 volt supply it will need to be replaced.

Looks like the scan amps are mounted behind the scanner block.?. Need to be sure there is enough room to put the new amps in there. (Worst case we could mount them below, but that would make tuning more difficult.)

Pity you can't make it to SELEM dude. We could install the scanners while you are there.

Adam

"Ice Cold Whiskey" vending machine ?? Wow, how times have changed (for the worse )

Dammit buffo... Now I probably WILL have to take the top cover off as well!!! I think there was a little space back there, don't remember tho... I guess more pics are necessary!!!

Yeah, that Ice Cold Whiskey machine was cool... Old school... I remember from some of my many guest hosting days at WREK (go to www.wrekage.org and search for Vibrations Of Doom in the playlists; I've been honored enough to infest the airwaves to a potential 4 million audience on Friday nights) the stories of the pepsi button on the pepsi vending machine in the studio that would dispense Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer... And no, it wasn't marked as such!!

That lasermodule is the same as those Ebay (Techhood) bricks. Only thing to watch out for with those bricks are the driver. If they happen to die they will take the whole module with them (happened to me) so i swapped it with a quad Badpip driver. They are also a pain to realign if they get out of alignment they modulation also get ALOT better with a badpip.

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	44385 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0090.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	44386 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0639.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	44387
    Last edited by hybridz0rz; 08-14-2014 at 15:08.
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

Those scanners are the AL20k scanners.
    I personally reverse engineered these scanners including AL15k (AL15k is almost the same but the scanner amp is missing the HFD circuit and you need to tap in some of the headers to feed it X+ X- and Y+ and Y- and get out the ground). They can do 30kpps over an angle of 8degrees for sure

Don't get why they used those awfull mounts to bounce of the beam rather then just making the beam go directly to the scanners

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Don't get why they used those awfull mounts to bounce of the beam rather then just making the beam go directly to the scanners
    They probably use the same baseplate with standard screwmounts for a wide range of their lasers, So its probably just to save some money. That would be the logical assumtion but it could just be dumb engineering :S
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

Dang, sorry I missed out on the last few posts here... That's kinda funny about those AL20k scanners... Although it's funny, there's been a few ild files that the Goldenstar had trouble with that the Spencer model seemed to handle okay... Weird how some units handle graphics and others don't... I'm kinda interested in the reverse engineering project, though I think too that I'd be happier with the 40k scanners... Push up the point counts on some of these "homebrew" graphics I'm running...

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Those scanners are the AL20k scanners.
    I personally reverse engineered these scanners including AL15k (AL15k is almost the same but the scanner amp is missing the HFD circuit and you need to tap in some of the headers to feed it X+ X- and Y+ and Y- and get out the ground). They can do 30kpps over an angle of 8degrees for sure

It could be where they placed the front "screen," Check out the pics i posted some time ago of the front of the laser... It seems quite a bit wider than most of the projectors they sell nowadays; more a rectangle shape than the huge square boxes they seem to sell nowadays...

Oh yeah I meant to ask: Does reverse engineering those scanners shorten the life of them?

>>quad Badpip driver...

Who sells those and how much?