Thread: Pangolin FB3 firmware problem

Default Pangolin is ignoring me on FB3 firmware problem

I've been using show rider for the last few years. I gave quickshow a try, but quickshow updated the firmware, and now the FB3 ONLY works with quickshow. Trying to start any older software fails because "Communication failure (no ping response)" The two yellow lights are slowly blinking opposite to each other. I re-plug it and get an option to "update main firmware", but that fails because of "unable to start updating process." ALL of my shows are suddenly useless. Is there somewhere I can download a version of showrider that works with this new firmware? If not, how do I downgrade my firmware? A brief googling didn't show much.

HELP

(windows 8, if that matters)

EDIT: Thanks, norty. I've emailed them. I also noticed on their download page "note that if you use TraceIT, LAStudio, LiveQUICK and LivePRO you must also use updated versions of those as well, which you will find linked in below" where they have everything BUT LAStudio linked in below.
    Last edited by Xytrell; 04-02-2015 at 07:51. Reason: update title

Contact Pangolin via their website contact page. I don't believe there's an end user downgrade process but if you explain the situation they may be able to assist.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Update on this. The communication has mostly been what I've perceived to be "we don't support that product anymore, so fck you." They have a version of LA studio that works with the new firmware, but they refuse to let me use it. They have a way of converting my old shows into ILDA, but they've begun ignoring me entirely on that prospect.

Does anyone have any other leads I can use? I'd be happy to just pay for another FB3 with older firmware at this point.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

We'll be with Bill today or, at least here tomorrow, here at FLEM. I'm willing to direct his attention to this thread and see what can be done. I can't guarantee any success but, if there IS something that can be done, I'd like to think we'll get a definitive answer/explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xytrell View Post
    what I've perceived to be
    Your perception is your perception, and I am sorry that this is your perception. But this is not our perception...

They have a version of LA studio that works with the new firmware, but they refuse to let me use it.
    Not true! We haven't compiled LAStudio in years. I'm not even sure it's on a hard drive anywhere...

They have a way of converting my old shows into ILDA, but they've begun ignoring me entirely on that prospect.
    Also not true. LAStudio has NEVER had the ability to "convert your old shows into ILDA".

So -- I am sorry that you have these perceptions. It has never come out of my personal mouth that we have a version of LAStudio but we won't let you have it. If we did, we'd give it to you no problem.

I think there can be other solutions here, but as the folks here on PL have learned, the best way is through dialog -- direct face to face communication, which can easily be facilitated by Skype. There we can understand the totality of the situation and come to some workable solution.

I hope you can see that email always has and always will have severe limitations in terms of quality of communication (clearly since there are crossed perceptions here). I hope you can also see that posting nasty messages on a forum will also not help -- especially because we do not routinely monitor PL. And I am sure many others here can attest that DIRECT DIALOG is what brings fast and desirable results.

Let's get into a Skype discussion and figure this thing out.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    LAStudio has NEVER had the ability to "convert your old shows into ILDA".
    While the rest could be miscommunication of your technical guy, I'm pretty sure on this one. I know for a fact I've exported LA studio shows as ILDA. If it's actually using a feature external to showrider, fine. But I've still done it from within the showrider environment.

I'm glad you're still willing to try to work this out. I'll get in touch soon.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

xtyrell -

here's some information about LAStudio and ILDA export:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-file-coverter

unverified, but you might give it a try.

While the rest could be miscommunication of your technical guy, I'm pretty sure on this one. I know for a fact I've exported LA studio shows as ILDA. If it's actually using a feature external to showrider, fine. But I've still done it from within the showrider environment.

I'm glad you're still willing to try to work this out. I'll get in touch soon.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I just communicated with xytrell today about this by Skype. I have an idea of one possible solution, but there could be others as well. Alexey and Aaron and I are going to discuss this early next week and come up with a solution, one way or another...

Bill