Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's the scoop on the new Pangolin Hobbyist product!

Hi all,

First, let me thank Adam (Buffo) for taking the time to compose a complete and lengthy post on this topic. I don't have too much time these days for the kind of writing that Adam did, so it was good that he did some research, then took the time to make up a post.

Second, we have been offering LAStudio for free for all LD2000 users since 2002. You do need a "license file" for that software, and it is the same kind of "license file" (52KB bitmap file) that is used for LivePRO, LC-Flash, and LC-Max. Just request it by email and we will reply with it. LAStudio requires a license file so we can keep track of who is using it, and contact them in the future when updates come out.

Third, we have had LAStudio working on the FB3 for some time. We do still need to change a few things here and there before I would be comfortable with putting it out there in a large population. We may reduce and refine the feature set (for example, disabling the SR:Live since there is already a separate, newer, and better LiveQUICK for the FB anyway), but this work only takes days, not weeks or months.

If you have any questions about this, I would prefer direct emails, since I don't monitor forum posts all that much. And as always, if you don't have my email address, the best way to get in touch is to use our Contact form, which is www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

I would like to thank Adam as well for all the time he puts into this forum. I know he has a lot on his plate but still finds the time to help anyone he can.
    I would also like to thank you Bill for your efforts and the time you have spent here. In my business I deal with a lot of different companies every day and it is refreshing to deal with a company such as Pangolin where they really do care about there customers needs and prove it!

A big Thank You to you both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi all,

First, let me thank Adam (Buffo) for taking the time to compose a complete and lengthy post on this topic. I don't have too much time these days for the kind of writing that Adam did, so it was good that he did some research, then took the time to make up a post.

Second, we have been offering LAStudio for free for all LD2000 users since 2002. You do need a "license file" for that software, and it is the same kind of "license file" (52KB bitmap file) that is used for LivePRO, LC-Flash, and LC-Max. Just request it by email and we will reply with it. LAStudio requires a license file so we can keep track of who is using it, and contact them in the future when updates come out.

Third, we have had LAStudio working on the FB3 for some time. We do still need to change a few things here and there before I would be comfortable with putting it out there in a large population. We may reduce and refine the feature set (for example, disabling the SR:Live since there is already a separate, newer, and better LiveQUICK for the FB anyway), but this work only takes days, not weeks or months.

If you have any questions about this, I would prefer direct emails, since I don't monitor forum posts all that much. And as always, if you don't have my email address, the best way to get in touch is to use our Contact form, which is www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Wow that package really sounds great. And as much as I want to use fancy software I also get a kick out of programming my own stuff. As far as I understand this package won't come with an API.. its not Pangolin's style and haven't heard of it yet. Any chance Pangolin will meet this 'need' in the hobbyist market??

cheers,
    Z

Default another great product from pangolin

well..I am so pleased with the pangolin and I guess this is another great product from them!
    Have sendt an request for the LA-Studio license file

Is the software free or is the price included? Is there an API to the DAC board? I'm not too interested in the show creation software so I am wondering if I could buy the DAC without the software, at a lower price, and then do my own thing with it?

The software is "free" in that it comes with the hardware.

On the FB3 hardware platform, we do not have an API where other people can output their laser graphics through this hardware. However, the LD2000 system does have an API and SDK that is quite extensive. That's why many other software packages besides LD2000 can use our QM2000 hardware for output.

Best regards,

William Benner