Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ILDA Laser Safety Officer Training Class: Monday after SELEM (Aug 18th, 2014)

Smile ILDA Laser Safety Officer Training Class: Monday after SELEM (Aug 18th, 2014)

Hey everyone;

I've spoken with both Greg Makhov and Patrick Murphy, and I'm pleased to announce that for the 3rd year in a row, Greg will be available to teach the ILDA Laser Safety Officer class after SELEM this year.

EDIT: NEW PRICE INFO
    The price will be $425 for ILDA members, and $495 for non-members. The class will be taught in the conference room at the Holiday Inn Express in Conover. Class starts at 8 AM sharp on Monday, August 18th and will run until around 4:30 or so. Then the final exam will be given. Expect to be there until 6 PM, or maybe a bit later, depending on how long you take to complete the exam.

We need to have a minimum of 6 people signed up and paid in advance to make this class happen. You will need to pay for it on the ILDA website (contact Patrick Murphy for details on how top do this if you are not an ILDA member).

Please reply below if you plan to sign up for this class.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-30-2014 at 06:14.

I want in. Guess I need to go ahead and become an ilda member real quick too.

I've been in touch with Adam Raugh at X-laser, and he said he's pretty sure they will have at least one person, and possibly two people, that will need to attend the LSO class. So that's either 2 or 3 of the required 6 minimum.

Anyone else?

Adam

Anyone coming to SELEM that hasn't done this should do this, it's good information and is a great intro to lasershow safety. The class is nicely focused on show lasers and he doesn't spend a bunch of time on niche topics and the really advanced stuff, so it's extremely approachable. There's also some good content to help you be safe when working on your projectors. The test is pretty simple but even if you don't pass it for whatever reason the certification is only the icing on the cake, even if only half of the class content sticks with you, it's worth it.

You can count me in for the course this year!

Getting really close, people!

Anyone else interested in the LSO class? Post now!

Adam

I have interest but don't know my schedule that far out (yes I know it is in two months).

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I have interest but don't know my schedule that far out (yes I know it is in two months).

Adam
    Whoa! Does this mean you will be attending SELEM this year?! Sweet!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

At the very least I owe you a beverage of choice if you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post

Adam

-- there is a space in the 'vet club suite' for sugeek- and I may change my mind and attend-
    hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-