Thread: Old YAG

Default Old YAG

Here's the oldest Nd:YAG laser I've found, just added to the collection. It's a c1967 TRG model 104A head, shown here on a vintage adjustable base. Introduced in '64 with a ruby inside, it had an output of 3 Joules. The 1967 Laser Focus Buyer's Guide shows it with the Q-switch option and power supply in an ad that also mentions the YAG option, so that's the date I'm giving it. Looks like it spent some time outdoors from the condition of the nickel plating, but the insides are as clean as a hound's tooth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRG 104A Head.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	44313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRG 104A Apart.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	387.4 KB 
ID:	44310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRG 104A Guts.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	44311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRG 104A Chamber.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	379.8 KB 
ID:	44312
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TRG 104A.jpg  

Last edited by Eidetic; 08-10-2014 at 08:13.

Nice find! When I was in laser school in the early seventies we regularly received donations by the truckload of stuff like this from Bell Labs, Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos, JPL, etc. Just junk back then but historic and quite collectable now. Wish I'd had the foresight to save some pieces. Who would have thought.... Fab collection - keep it up!

I was suprised how high the bidding went for this. When we saw Bob was bidding we did not bid but obviously some other folks must have realized just how old the laser head really was. Now find the driver and.... ZAP! Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)