Thread: More Lightwave Electronics Halfnote 2.5W 532nm DPSS heads for sale on ebay

Default More Lightwave Electronics Halfnote 2.5W 532nm DPSS heads for sale on ebay

Lightwave Electronics Halfnote 2.5W 532nm DPSS heads for sale on ebay at this URL: Lightwave Halfnote Green Laser Module w Heatsink 532nm 2 5W Tested Working | eBay - Has anyone here bought one from this seller before or have a tip on where to get a driver for the 20W bar diode this uses?

Searching this forum and finding a post on this model by JUNKTRONIX, I found that to make these play you need a 10A TEC driver for the baseplate, a 1.5A TEC driver for the KTP and a 25-30A diode driver for the pump diode.

Late EDIT: I borrowed some photo's from Junktronix sale of the same units last August, a year ago, but just learned he has some of these for sale at 500 dollars each he is taking to the SELEM meeting. I didn't know he had any left, he isn't showing them on his ebay sales or web site that I can find yet. His photo's are much better than the other ebay sellers photographs. If Junktronix has these, I'd buy from him due to his reputation and I am sure, full power output testing of what he sells. This sellers units might be just fine, they lase at 7 amps indicating the diode is good to fire that low but they don't have a power meter.

More info on these units here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=halfnote[/COLOR]

Edit: I probably should have posted this in the ebay finds thread, if admin can move it, please do. As an introduction, I am new to the forum as of today. For some background, I've worked in telecommunications for 40 years, now working as a telecom engineer in Alaska and just recently taken the laser hobby on. I've been building but my builds end up being a bit big & heavy, here's the last one: http://imageevent.com/qdf_files/tech...ndlaserproject On this project, I've taken out the IR and 445nm blue lasers and using them for other builds, this will just be a 1 KW RGB LED unit alone now. My original thought was to have a platform with all three I could switch in or out for experimentation, but the thing is far too heavy for me to deal with and I'm parting it out to make smaller individual units now.

I'm technologically lonely on lasers, if there are any birds of a feather who want to communicate with me please do! These devices fascinate me but I don't know anyone locally who is into this kind of thing. I'm heavy on RF knowledge but a real newbie on lasers.
    Last edited by Laser57; 08-12-2014 at 12:18.

Smile

Welcome to Photonlexicon!

If you're looking for birds of a feather, you can't get much better than the annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. It's coming up this Thursday through Sunday in Newton, North Carolina.

Yeah, short notice and all, but if you're looking for other like-minded laserists, SELEM is the place to be.

Where are you located? (You forgot to fill out your profile.) You might be able to snag a last-minute flight into Charlotte and attend the event. I promise you, it will be a weekend you'll remember for a long time. SELEM is a *lot* of fun! Check out this thread for more details.

Adam

Thanks but I'm in Alaska, quite the distance, maybe next year, I just moved up here and making ends meet. Appreciate the invite though

Wow - Alaska! Yeah, that's a bit of a haul then...

Like you said though - plan for next year!

Adam

I bought one from that seller, it seemed in pretty good shape. Powering it is not too bad, you need a good TEC driver and good diode driver, and ideally a second tec driver for the SHG heater. Sadly they need a bit more juice than the type of stuff that appears on PL for projector use, and buying these types of drivers commercially is going to be pricey. Certainly easier than driving an argon though!

Is it like a Dayton, Ohio Ham Fest for LASERS? Do people sell surplus electronics related to lasers there? How many come each year? I updated my profile, should have done earlier but didn't cross my mind until your mention.

Looking at the diagram of this laser, I'm wondering if someone might comment on whether I can improve the divergence by removing those last two or three mirrors so the light goes out the long side of the box and perhaps add more optics to do so while at the same time keeping the beam at a minimum diameter? What is the main determining factor for divergence in a unit like this, focus alone, the way the coherent light is generated by the YAG?