Thread: SELEM 2014 Presentations and Activities Calendar

Default SELEM 2014 Presentations and Activities Calendar

Thanks to everyone who requested interest or volunteered to share information with the group during SELEM 8.

Please find below the draft schedule for this year's activities. Meetings and times are, as always, subject to change.

Thursday, August 14th:

2:00PM Setting Up and Running Live Shows in ClubSELEM
    4:00PM Projector Alignment in the Auditorium (backstage)
    6:00PM Dinner in the Gallery

Friday, August 15th:

1:00PM New Diode Driver Release in Classroom A
    2:00PM Setting Up and Running Live Shows in ClubSELEM
    3:00PM Color-board and Color-palette Tuning in the Auditorium (backstage)
    4:00PM Introduction to ILDA in the Main Auditorium
    5:00PM Scanner Tuning Tutorial in the Auditorium (backstage)
    6:30PM Dinner in the Gallery

Saturday, August 16th

1:00PM What's New with Pangolin? in Classroom A
    2:30PM ILDA (an in-depth discussion) in Classroom A
    3:30PM LSX Tips and Tricks in the Gallery
    5:00PM Round-Table Discussion: What's New (and old) in Lumia? in the Gallery (Tentative)
    6:00PM Door Prizes in the Main Auditorium (Tentative)

Note that ad-hoc discussions will occur through-out the event in ClubSELEM, the workrooms, backstage of the auditorium and just about anywhere else. If you have interest in a particular topic not covered above, please feel encouraged to notify Adam (Buffo) or myself so we can attempt to accommodate.

Updates to this schedule will be reflected at the backstage entrance area as well as in hard-copy at ClubSELEM and the Auditorium.

Thanks again and safe travels to all!

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-12-2014 at 04:18.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Don't forget Patrick Murphy's "Intro to ILDA" presentation in the auditorium on Friday at 5 PM.

Also, we *may* have a few door prizes. (not 100% yet) If they materialize, then we will do a brief door prize drawing on Saturday evening in the auditorium at 6 PM.

Adam

PS: Sorry David - I should have sent you this earlier!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This didn't dawn on me until a day or two ago but, one of the things Frank (flecom) was supposed to do in the past was a DMX primer and we never got to it. If there is someone who is really well versed at DMX (Frank or otherwise) that would want to do something impromptu, that would be appreciated.

I understand the basics and, I'm ok with controlling one fixture but, when I start getting into a few different fixtures is where it all gets a bit confusing. For example, I can link my moving heads together to get them all doing the same thing but, if I want one to pan left and down and the other to pan right and up... I'm screwed using a basic board. I'm looking at software alternatives like Freesyler and MyDMX or Chauvet Xpress and what not but I don't know whats good and easy or is crap. I may own one of them this time tomorrow since Ill be at the Atlantic City DJ show but, I'd like something decent without moving to the level of a GrandMA or Chamsys type dedicated lighting board. That's WAY overkill for what I do.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-11-2014 at 14:54.

Might be able to rope one of the techs from X-laser into this, along with Frank. I think Andrew (X-laser electrical engineer) is coming this year. We can ask him about it. (No promises though.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Don't forget Patrick Murphy's "Intro to ILDA" presentation in the auditorium on Friday at 5 PM.
    This was my error, Adam. We had it on DZ's schedule, but it needed to be duplicated and integrated into this one. Thanks for the catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    in the past was a DMX primer and we never got to it. I'm looking at software alternatives like Freesyler and MyDMX or Chauvet Xpress and what not but I don't know whats good and easy or is crap.
    I'm not a DMX expert, Brad, but I've kept 100+ different DMX devices running reliably in my home disco for over a decade. I would be happy to speak to multiple universes, wiring repeaters and the such. Frank or someone else would serve as a better speaker in dynamic environments or to the detailed technical capabilities and limitations of DMX devices, the protocol itself, and using DMX on live boards.

Also as a heavy user of Chauvet's ShowXpress, I can speak to its capabilities and limitations - especially for designing environments and pre-choreographed shows. I'll enure that my laptop has a copy of it to show what I've done with it if anyone is interested.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"