Thread: The PL Wiki - can I change a few things up?

Default The PL Wiki - can I change a few things up?

Hello,

I've been modifying a few things on sub pages of the PL wiki.

Is it okay if I make safety/compliance section and move all of the safety and compliance stuff into it? I'd like to free up the front wiki page to a single screen set of links to sub page indexes.

I've been modifying the DAC List (as have others) and plan to work on Software next. Software will be broken into a few categories. The DAC list is still far from complete as well.

From there I think galvos / drivers will be next.

A good table with diode model / wavelength / power / specsheet link / recommended voltage/current and max stable voltage/current (non TEC), how horrible is the output, etc would be killer.

Lightbulb

Hey E -

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    ..Is it okay if I make safety/compliance section and move all of the safety and compliance stuff into it?
    While the 'Community' is the *owner* of the Wiki, I, as the 'starter of the Safety Stuff', at least, request that - No - it not get 'any further buried'.. Too-few people even know the Wiki exists, let alone that it's a great repository for many of the safety / Regs-related questions we get asked in threads.. (..and it's all right there..

...But, I'm not opposed to 'ranking' certain info / bettering the 'growth' of it being a (broader..) repository for all-things-laser (not just safety, etc..) I just-submit we need more awareness of a) the #1 importance of safety-principles / best-practices info, and b) that we (PL) *have* such a good-resource, right here at home..

Perhaps this is something we can discuss / destroy some Cinnamon Rolls / coffee-over in a couple days?
    ttys..
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

But now the Wiki looks like somebody had the intention to write everything on the main page. I think it's better that safety has a page on its own. I do agree though that the main page should link to the safety page.
    The PL wiki should not be limited to a safety wiki. But that is exactly what your first impression is, if you go to the wiki. There is other information out there as well, but as it stands you need to know there is a DAC or software list to find it.

Why not put a linked index on the front page?

Like this one:

http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Index

You could omit the top contents one and just go with the big headings and sub menus / links.