Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazers

As you say Norty the 3 year warranty is a bonus.

When they state fluid consumption is this with the hazer at full tilt, 50% or min output?
    The hz-600 quotes 4.8ml/min giving around 4 hours from the 1.2l tank. not to bad if I can get an average night out of a tank full.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

In all honesty Carl, and no offence to Norty when I say this, I bought a Stairville Smoke unit after finding out he'd got one and found the build quality to be really poor. It didn't work properly and it was generally poorly built in my opinion - it looked like some cheap Chinese unit - the remote was dreadful and the buttons didn't work properly. Despite promises of continuous smoke, it also had a reheat time. so I sent it back as faulty and bought a Martin machine which was superb.

I've been where you've are as I don't have money to throw around, but can honestly say you get what you pay for.

My advice would be pick up a Unique or a Tour Hazer as buying cheap now will most likely leave you disappointed and having to spend more later, plus the better quality machines save a fortune in liquids as they only sip it.

I've had my Unique about 2 years and although it's only been used admittedly 1/2 a dozen times, I've only used about an inch of liquid in all that time! The original bottle is almost full!

Also, think about resale value (if it is resellable and not just junk once it's broken)
    You will sell a Tour Hazer easily and recoup at least 50% of the purchase value (I'll have it!)

On fluid consumption, the Tour Hazers are really amazing. I've did about 5 festivals/long weekend/all nighters in May/June this year on one gallon of fluid. I did another festival in July, 3 nights outdoors until 6am, running at about 60% all night, and used about 1/3rd of a bottle.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

I've been looking at purchasing a Hazer but some of these guys don't help themselves.
    I saw one advertised as using 1.4 ml of fluid at 40%.
    Would that be 1.4 ml per hour?
    Per Month?
    Per Year?

It's not rocket science but these numpties fail at basic English.

Perhaps JEM can remind us which one he has as it always seems to do Da Bizzness at the Surfleet LEM's.

Jem has/had a Look Unique I believe, like Al's. They are essentially the same inside as the Tour Hazers and the Haze Base Base Hazers (same as Tour Hazer but with control panel on rear), but don't come in such a 'tour friendly' packaging. You can even use Look/Smoke Factory/Haze Base haze fluids interchangably.

Which one you pick is largely down to what 'package' you want. I've used all 3 and they all do the same job.
    Frikkin Lasers

Cheers Norty & whitelight.

Thinking of holding out to buy the Unique II. I got to see how well Jem's ran at the Show LEM's and the price of £591 from Thomann's has got me thinking of breaking the bank at that price.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Mine *was* a Unique 2. I sold it.

If I was to buy another hazer I'd buy the 'Phantom Pea Souper' hands down. It's the most perfect haze I've ever seen. Hang time is absolutely phenomenal and it's pretty much odourless. Also, there is no residue whatsoever.

They're a bit expensive compared to such as the Unique, but fluid usage is virtually non existent. The only possible issue is CO2 usage and having to get cylinders refilled.

Karl (Wookieboy) has been using his at the recent LEM's and I can't fault it .
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

On the basis of Carl's intended usage, I ruled out mentioning the MDG/Pea Souper option. Hammer to crack a nut situation.
    Out of the affordable and worthwhile owning hazers, i think the Look/SF/HB options are the winners.

Carl, think about if you're going to want to transport the hazer much. The 'all in one' nature of the Tour Hazer/Base Hazer really wins over the Unique in that respect, and you'll likely pay as much for a flightcase eventually anyway.

Also, of the 3, I've heard of more issues with the Look, but thats trivial anyway, as parts are easily available for all.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Jem, i seem to recall you got pretty good money for it too didn't you? i.e. total cost of ownership over its lifespan quite low?
    Frikkin Lasers

I had a good number of enquiries when I came to put it up for sale. I ended up selling it to Mark (MarkMtts) as he was local and familiar with my unit. I was quite happy with the money I received for it.

I have to confess to not reading the entire content of this thread, I wasn't aware there was a particular budget, sorry Carl.

However, I'd still opt for the Phantom
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I've been intending selling mine Carl, but unfortunately can't do it atm for various reasons.

It's a pity as mine is practically new as it's had 1/2 a dozen uses (literally) and my average us is less than an hour in a small house room!

If you were willing to wait a short while, then that may change.

They do hold their value well though. I believe from memory Jem got very close to the new price.

Mine does have a flight case and can be operated from within the case.