Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: News Show

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    That's very interesting. I don't see any reason why the MiniDSP USB Streamer wouldn't work with Digisynth as it uses ASIO. Then output to the ADAT to ILDA Converter. I've sent Chuck an email, I wonder if he knew of the USB Streamer or not.
    he will have multiple emails today about the ADAT to ILDA converter.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    That's very interesting. I don't see any reason why the MiniDSP USB Streamer wouldn't work with Digisynth as it uses ASIO. Then output to the ADAT to ILDA Converter. I've sent Chuck an email, I wonder if he knew of the USB Streamer or not.
    Heya I talked with swamidog on facebook a while ago and compiled a message linking to your ilda pipeline device to see if this could resolve some of the issues with the hardware availability regarding DigiSynth
    I also linked him one of swamis shows saying he would be a good candidate for providing a re-appearance of DigiSynth.

I met the programmer during a convention in the United states in 2013 so it was all pure coincidence.

From memory while it was intended to be an all round software DigiSynth as its core was with a lot of abstract in mind and is very powerfull and abstracts are not my thing but most certainly are swami's hence the reason for that decision.

Hope something results from this.. I don't think the software should dissapear.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Imagine that it all worked out! Then going severely off topic would have saved Digisynth. Gotta love PL...

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Imagine that it all worked out! Then going severely off topic would have saved Digisynth. Gotta love PL...
    I bet the OP never realized his show was going to save Digisynth. LOL
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I hope it does! Chuck is an enthousiastic guy about his product but also been very honest about its progress, it's easy to make this out from his emails I'm sure he'd put time in his project if in his eyes its worth saving to resolve the bugs of his product.
    Possibly the cost of DZ's hardware would push the cost down of DigiSynth.. possibly making it more reachable as well and increasing the userbase..who knows....literally just rambling here what is going to happen.. that is off course if they go for it.

Also dillweed sorry for derailing your thread.. I will check out the show.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Possibly the cost of DZ's hardware would push the cost down of DigiSynth..
    How so? Did they sell hardware with the software? I got the impression they just sold the software and you had to take care of the Lightpipe hardware yourself.

How so? Did they sell hardware with the software? I got the impression they just sold the software and you had to take care of the Lightpipe hardware yourself.
    I re read the message and you are right they would recommend a light pipe device that then would be used.

Couple of notes:

"There have been a few incarnations of the software, but unfortunately while many behind the scenes bugs were fixed in version 3 compared to 2, others were introduced, and most significantly, the timeline was never what it needed to be. "

"DS was written specifically for abstracts, but has very limited frame support. The talk was always that the frame stuff was easy, so we'd get the hard stuff out of the way, but I think that not doing it probably hurt us. We've recent;y discussed that over here, and I'm hopeful that we can do something eventually.

The problem is simply one of being willing to invest the limited time available into something that doesn't immediately have a financial payback, when there are so many other paying projects to be worked on. It is a very tough situation and we constantly struggle with it."

These quotes are from a follow up email in 2013 so they aren't very recent so I don't know if any progress has been made since.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I bet the OP never realized his show was going to save Digisynth. LOL
    now we just need to get digisynth to output ilda frames...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.