Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: are video projectors replacing laser projectors for graphics?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

When you find me a video projector that lets me demo the image of a proposed Neon Sign full size, in the glare of the Times Square Neon/LEDS, Let me know.....
    I participated in said demo, with the CEO of the company driving in a limo and then flying over in a Helicopter.

And yes, it was in New York City, with a 100 meter throw on one side and a 250 meter throw on the other. The side of the building was anything but co-operative in terms of reflection. The customer used lasers for the contrast ratio and the fact that we could run off 110VAC.

Love may move Mountains, but Lasers illuminate them best.

S.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

Love may move Mountains, but Lasers illuminate them best.

S.
    surely you are referring to this:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

this thread makes no sense... at all...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    this thread makes no sense... at all...
    I agree. First, it was "will video replace lasers?" Then, it was "can video replace lasers?" Then, "if they can, why aren't people doing this?" Now, I don't know where it has gone. It seems like everyone has answered this gentleman's questions and he is wanting more. I don't mean to sound like a dick but it seems like every valid answer opposed is contested in some way, shape or form. I feel like we're just feeding the trolls at this point. If he is such a proponent of video, then, by all means, use it! He has answered all of his own questions.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

your avatar sums up this thread perfectly

I want you to prove me wrong. Or show me what I'm missing.
    What do you want proving? That graphics shows using lasers are sh*t compared with video graphics?

Look at any graphics show and it should be obvious (imho). Is that what you're missing?

The answer is quite plain, if you want to do graphics projection, buy a video projector, the biggest you can afford, with the nicest set of lenses you can, particularly medium/long throw with motorised zoom via remote control.

I work with a few video artists and the stuff they do with 5K to 8K projectors is unreal, laser graphics are simply like living in the 80's in comparison.

If you want to just play video shows that look like lasers, then you may be able to stock just lasers, but as soon as you want to do anything that doesn't look like a laser, then you need the video projector. This is simple logic, with a modicum of awereness of the hardware capabilities thrown in.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    if you want to do graphics projection, buy a video projector, the biggest you can afford, with the nicest set of lenses you can, particularly medium/long throw with motorised zoom via remote control.

I work with a few video artists and the stuff they do with 5K to 8K projectors is unreal, laser graphics are simply like living in the 80's in comparison.
    I have a little experience with video mapping and graphics laser show and I totally agree with this statement.

So please, prove me wrong, give reasons why it won't look good.
    They'll look just fine with the right video projector and lens(es). Sell you stuff and move on...

The horse is now dead, and yet you continue to beat it. As you said yourself, the only objections have come from a couple of US guys doing very specific shows, that you are not likely to find yourself in the position of doing. Everyone else has told you its fine.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Last edited by JohnYayas; 08-20-2014 at 16:41.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:07.